Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vaccinations/colds

(4 Posts)
bredicot Mon 07-Feb-05 13:12:31

Does anyone know whether doctors will still vaccinate when a child has a cough/cold? (Not a really bad one but I am v keen for him to have jab for mumps before we go away next week?

Socci Mon 07-Feb-05 13:14:33

Message withdrawn

HandbagAddiction Mon 07-Feb-05 13:17:52

bredicot, I would call your GP and HV and ask them what their advice is. DD was due to have her MMR in mid December - woke up that day with a running nose and cough. Spoke to my HV who said that because it was the first day of illness, she would not recommend going ahead as many other viruses/illnesses start with cold like symptons before developing on to something else and the risk wasn't worth it. She also said that it was fine to have vacinations 3 to 4 days into a normal cold as by then you would know that it was just a cold. So I cancelled her MMR.

Probably not the most scientific way of dealing with it - but it seemed like good advice to me at the time!

bredicot Mon 07-Feb-05 18:39:50

Thanks, he will be 3/4 days into cold so guess it is worth going to appt. they can only say no!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now