Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

OMG! Found and old mouldy yoghurt pot in handbag!!!!!! Is this dangerous?

(7 Posts)
worrybum Mon 21-Jul-08 17:48:48

Please don't tell me i'm being stupid I kind of know i am but I'm completely paranoid about this sort of thing.

Just fetched a infrequently used handbag out of the wardrobe that I haven't used for a few months to take on holiday and there was an old yoghurt pot in there!!! Then I remembered that dd had eaten this whilst we were out and there was no bin about to put it in so I put it in the back zip compartment of my handbag until we got home. I forgot about it and put the handbag away with the pot still in there!!!!!! shock

Have opened the zip and this awful pukey smell hit me! Obviously I've now disposed of the offending item and thoroughly washed self but I am a complete germaphobe and sometimes things like this can trigger my OCD. Please tell me, I'll be alright won't I? I keep on thinking I'm now going to be ill, even just from breathing in any horrible spores not just touching it!

bogie Mon 21-Jul-08 17:49:50

You are being a bit bonkers as long as you have washed it out you will be fine

maidamess Mon 21-Jul-08 17:49:52

YOU WILL BE FINE. There are no horrible spores, just a rancid stink. Ooof, I bet that honked!

worrybum Mon 21-Jul-08 17:51:29

thanks even though it must have been in there a good few months? God i can't believe how worked up I have just got myself over this!

maidamess Mon 21-Jul-08 17:52:27

If it was something like a chicken you may have had a maggot problem! But yoghurt being dairy based would probably just go rancid and dry up. We need a scientist.

misdee Mon 21-Jul-08 17:53:55

yes you are living up to your name.

i was packign away my nappy bag for bubs, opened it as noticed there was some nappies in there and found a moldy wrinkled apple in there as well. i just wiped it out with some anti-bac wipes, and sprayed it with febreeze.

you will not be ill.

though the smell probably made you gag a lot.

worrybum Mon 21-Jul-08 18:16:30

no smell now - how sprayed everywhere with dettol neutra air and suface including the inside of the wardrobe.

dh came home from work and and despite much reassurance couldn't convince me all would be okay so he finally said "if you won't bloody well take it from me get on mumsnet and they'll tell you".......so I did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now