Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nasty D (and traces of V) bug, haven't eaten all day nor much yesterday, should I?

(8 Posts)
WideWebWitch Mon 21-Jul-08 15:54:56

On Saturday I had 3 sausages for breakfast, felt terrible, nauseous, spent the rest of the day in bed, had some d with threatened (but not actual) v and so didn't eat anything other than another cold sausage. Had no appetite anyway.

Felt better on Sunday so had bacon and eggs, then went for a bbq where I had burger, sausages, salad, tomatoes, pecan pie and ice cream. Oops. And 2 glasses of Cava.

Have been in loo a million times today and feel sure my stomach must be empty (with apols for TMI), have been starving myself all day and haven't eaten anything.

I'm hungry! Should I eat? And if so, what? (Am doing India and Neris, which is sim to Atkins so no carbs or fruit, which rather rules out usual BRAT diet). Or should I keep starving myself? TIA for any advice.

belgo Mon 21-Jul-08 15:57:33

Was just about to suggest the BRAT diet!

Sobernow Mon 21-Jul-08 16:00:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Mon 21-Jul-08 16:02:20

I usually aim to starve for 24 hours after stomach bugs and then avoid fatty stuff.

WideWebWitch Mon 21-Jul-08 16:13:26

Posted this and went off to raid the fridge. Have had erm, smoked salmon and boursin wraps, some chorizo, some port salut cheese, a babybel ementhal. Oh bugger, all the stuff you said I shouldn't (hadn't read your posts when I was eating it). I was STARVING. Oh well, time will tell. Am working from home tomorrow so at least that's something. Thanks all of you.

WideWebWitch Mon 21-Jul-08 16:14:16

And last time I ate before just now was about 3pm yesterday, so that was just over 24 hours.

SoupDragon Mon 21-Jul-08 16:36:23

LOL! TBH, if you are starving, chances are you're better.

Sobernow Mon 21-Jul-08 16:38:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now