Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else had this?

(19 Posts)
panicstruck Mon 21-Jul-08 15:02:19

In the last week or so I've been feeling kind of fluttering in my stomach - OK so what I mean is it feels like a baby moving - but I have been having regular periods and can't remember the last time I had sex with DH and after our surprise baby last time we have been more than careful. I was ignoring this but it seems to be happeneing more today and I had a really heightened sense of smell yesterday something I get when PG- but I was hungover.
Please can someone reassure me that this is all quite a normal thing and nothing to do with being PG.
LO3 was a surprise who is now 18 mo and i'm struggling to keep on top of things with 3DC as it is. Bar immaculate conception I don't know how i could be PG so what is it?
P.S. Too much of a wimp to take a test yet blushWe live in a small town and I'm worried somone might see me buy it.

SoupKitchen Mon 21-Jul-08 15:08:30

TBH if you arePG and feeling fluttering you are prob about 10 weeks, no surprise you don't remember any possible conception encounters. I can't remember last weekgrin

Do the test.

panicstruck Mon 21-Jul-08 15:19:06

That's a bit worrying as my last period was much lighter than usual so if it wasn't a real one that would put me spot on a 10 weeks. OMG I don't know what I'm going to do if I am - not to mention I felt slightly foolish about getting PG accidentally twice.
Can I just hope it will all just go away?

SoupKitchen Mon 21-Jul-08 15:23:34

no you cannot ignore because it will play on your mind.
Get a test then deal with the results.
There is no shame in more than one accidental PG.

NigellaTheOriginal Mon 21-Jul-08 15:26:41

wind?i get very convincing baby movement wind. cost me a fortune in tests before i worked out what it was.

panicstruck Mon 21-Jul-08 15:29:45

Now I'm liking the wind idea a bit better- I'm not so worried about the 'shame' of another accident I'm more worried about not being able to cope with 4 DC. i really can't see how I could be PG but I'm with you on not being able to remember the day to day stuff - hmm

belgo Mon 21-Jul-08 15:38:52

You need to do a test to make sure, but after giving birth a second time, I was sure I could feel a baby kicking lightly in my stomach. This is due to changes in the circulation of the abdomen, and many women feel it after giving birth, other women on mumsnet have experienced it.

Egg Mon 21-Jul-08 15:44:27

I get fluttery kind of movements when I am lying in bed at night reading. I am 100% definitely not pregnant, but if there was a chance I was, even the slimmest chance, I would be convinced this was a baby moving.

But there is no chance. I never have sex...

panicstruck Mon 21-Jul-08 15:44:57

Its not just i'm hoping I'm not PG but also i really don't think I can be - to the point DH will probably accuse me of having slept with someone else if i was - we have 3 DC and therefore no sex life!!
Has anyone else had experiences like this - I'm so convinced I'm not PG I'm worrying if i have a worm or something shock - then again the extreme sense of smell was worrying but i was very hungover.

panicstruck Mon 21-Jul-08 15:46:03

xposted with you egg- that sounds more like me - she says desperately hopefully - do you know what your 'flutterings' are caused by?

Egg Mon 21-Jul-08 15:49:56

Don't think mine is wind, am quite familiar with the wind feeling! But I know absolutely for sure it is not a baby. I had DTs 6 months ago, and have only had sex once since then, we were so very very very careful (as you would be after having twins!) and have had normal periods. Not sure what could cause it though...

However, if there is even a glimmer, a teeny tiny chance that you could be pregnant, you might as well do a test to set your mind at rest.

panicstruck Mon 21-Jul-08 15:55:55

OK so the sensible thing would be to take a test - I know that really so I can rule it out but i'm so terrified of being PG again I'm sort of wimping out - can i do a virtual one on MN?

Egg Mon 21-Jul-08 15:57:19

The thought of ever ever ever being pg again fills me with fear. That's why I never have sex grin.

<<<Egg wonders if perhaps she should look into some failsafe contraception before her DH gets totally fed up and leaves home>>>

Phono Mon 21-Jul-08 15:59:00

Message withdrawn

panicstruck Mon 21-Jul-08 16:02:33

Oh I hadn't thought of trying online - i am a rwal wimp but I do live in a small town with a lot of gossip and it would be just my luck to end up bumping into someone i know or even being served by someone who knows me. i would hate for rumours to abound before I even knew what i was in for myself. I may of course be over reacting people probably have no interest in my lifewhatsover hmm

SoupKitchen Mon 21-Jul-08 16:05:37

Order one from supermarket with grocery deliverygrin

panicstruck Mon 21-Jul-08 16:07:27

that's a good idea - i normally buy them from Asda as they tend to be cheaper - i just didn't think I'd be doing this again. i can hardly summon up courage to tell my DH i'm feeling like this- he got so mad last time it happened.

SoupKitchen Mon 21-Jul-08 16:08:38

If it has happened its as much about him as you.

panicstruck Mon 21-Jul-08 16:15:30

Oh I know its about him too, but that took a lot of getting over last time -he was convinced I'd done it deliberately - yes I know it takes two. Mnd you I'm the one who definitely said no more and now we have DD2 he says ' 3 4 what's the difference', however he doesn't deal with bad news well - he would also consider that I might have been unfaithful - not exactly sure when i would have the time!! - because he like me wouldn't be able to work out how it happened.
I also know that ultimately after a period of fighting and not talking it all will be fine I just don't want to have to go through it all again. I have to do the test first as if I'm not PG it will at least save the strife over nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now