Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

blatant looking for sympathy post

(10 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 21-Jul-08 13:34:39

Just had an eye appt at hospital - tis long and complicated (and probably quite boring) and I'm now feeling all at sea from the results and my eye is sore after lots of peering at it by a couple of surgeons.

So am just asking very blatantly for sympathy please.

jalopy Mon 21-Jul-08 13:51:17

Sending blatant sympathy your way.

StealthPolarBear Mon 21-Jul-08 13:52:30

a bit more sympathy, sounds horrible

SubRosa Mon 21-Jul-08 14:04:16

Lots of sympathy, hope you feel better soon.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 21-Jul-08 14:04:57

thanks jalopy and stealthpolar bear.
At least the screen is coming back into focus as the drops begin to wear off but I'm supposed to going to the school family picnic in an hour - last thing I feel like doing.
(Still I'll be able to scare the kids away as one eye is still looking very dilated grin )

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 21-Jul-08 14:06:49

thanks subrosa - got a lot of thinking to do after this appt. will do some mulling and might type it out later when I don't have to peer so much!!

mum2oandh Mon 21-Jul-08 14:07:33

Here you go, have some sympathy, <<throws big bucketful>> (though carefully aims away from eyes)

Hope you feel much better soon smile

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 21-Jul-08 14:58:12

thanks mum2oandh you made me lol

madamez Mon 21-Jul-08 15:09:07

OUch, poor you. Get some cool shades and look mysterious and like a sleb-in-disguise.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 21-Jul-08 19:05:33

Fortunately by the time I'd got there my eyes were more or less back to normal (apart from sore) so I sat quietly in the shade with my v. cool shades am looking forward to dd going to sleep so can chill out properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now