Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

It's going here because it's eczema related - black cotton school trousers?

(13 Posts)
ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 11:40:35

Ds1's eczema seriously flared this summer, all on his legs, and I'm blaming his school trousers. They were cheapy teflon shite.

So this year I need black cotton ones - and I can't find any and don't know where to start! I bought last years in person at Woolies!

MrsBadger Mon 21-Jul-08 11:43:01

M&S

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 11:45:08

They've only got grey badger!!!! <<panicpanic>>

But thanks for the link.

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 11:54:26

am ringing nearest m&s store

MrsBadger Mon 21-Jul-08 11:57:04

what size do you need?

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 11:59:56

They only have one bloody frigging pair! FGS!!!!!

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 12:00:27

Age 6, I reckon, he's not going to stay in size 5 all year sad

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 12:02:12

Have checked at Leicester, just about to check at Nottingham.

I suppose I could send him in Charcoal grey, but definitely not pale grey as the uniform is black or charcoal - their grey looks too light to pass off as charcoal

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 12:02:43

Actaually I may try ebay -but 5 and 6 year olds are notoriously hard on trousers!

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 12:10:32

Aha! Adams (as £7 a pair and not even in the schoolwear section but are apparently 'black chinos'

Mercy Mon 21-Jul-08 12:16:35

Dd's school is introducing uniform as from September - I hadn't realised that everything seems to be made of polyester.

Does Woolies do cotton stuff then?

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 21-Jul-08 12:32:38

no, I bought shit teflon trousers last year - and this is the first year his eczema has ever been like this. I hadn't realised that up until the day he started school, he's spend his life in jeans, chinos, joggers - which are ALL cotton. So now I want to go back to cotton cos his legs are a mess!

ThatBigGermanPrison Thu 31-Jul-08 20:47:58

To add - Adams black cotton chinos have arrived and are good quality - good enough for £7 a pair anyway. I could no way afford the £20 odd quid that the organic cotton companies charge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now