Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this IBS?? Please help, worried.

(2 Posts)
MrsSnape Sun 20-Jul-08 23:09:48

I've had a bit of a dodgy stomach for a while, not painful as such, just achey.

In the early hours of last tuesday morning I was awoken by severe pains in my stomach, I crawled downstairs, ended up phoning emergency doctor before practically collapsing at the bottom of the stairs in agony. They sent for an ambulance.

I was in agony (pain like child-birth) until they gave me morphene at the hospital.

They told me I was constipated an an xray of my stomach revealed that. Tuesday evening I had a massive attack of diareah, it was litrally like emptying a bucket down the toilet it was that bad. It happened 3 times that night.

I've since had no pain but I have also not been to the toilet since last tuesday. What else is worrying me is that I seem to have lost 5lbs in weight since Tuesday.

Tonight I'm starting to feel the nagging sign of stomach pains coming on. I don't know how I'd cope if it got as bad as last time.

I ate chicken tonight because everytime I eat chicken I 'poo' within an hour...ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL. So I ate chicken, within an hour felt like I needed the toilet, thought "great, it worked"...went to toilet and all there was was a tiny bit of diareah.

Is it IBS or something else?

cathcat Sun 20-Jul-08 23:24:14

I'm not sure but I think you need to go back to your GP tomorrow and discuss this with him/her. Are you drinking plenty water? Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now