Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My Dad has gone off on one....is it odd for DD to watch telly with the sound off & the subtitles on?

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 20-Jul-08 22:28:41

I thought unusual but fairly normal (ish) she is 10 btw

He thinks it's wierd & odd

Is it? or is he overreacting?

IdrisTheDragon Sun 20-Jul-08 22:29:44

I used to do that at a similar age. I am fairly normal smile

charliecat Sun 20-Jul-08 22:30:24

its certainly good for reading skills isnt it. I used to do it too. Not sure why.

KatyMac Sun 20-Jul-08 22:30:27

Thanks

I guess I might get her ears tested anyway just in case

cocolepew Sun 20-Jul-08 22:30:46

My DD is 10 and always does this, if her sister is watching the same thing the sound is up but she still wants the subtitles on, She's did it for years.

KatyMac Sun 20-Jul-08 22:35:33

When DH is watching sport & I am asleep she creeps into our room and watches telly with the subtitles on - I thought it was just then - but now my dad pointed it out I realise she does it ots

kikid Mon 21-Jul-08 22:03:19

My girl did this, and will do it now if she can get away with it!

TakeMeHome Mon 21-Jul-08 22:59:33

My son does this all the time - aged 8. Don't see the problem really, at least he's practising his reading skills while watching telly !

lilolilmanchester Mon 21-Jul-08 23:02:31

katy, would have DD's hearing checked. I say that from experience. Might be nothing, might just be her preference, but better to rule out hearing problem IME

KatyMac Wed 23-Jul-08 22:00:42

Thanks I will

Glad to know other DC's do it tho'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now