Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

coughing at night

(5 Posts)
skerriesmum Mon 07-Feb-05 08:10:08

My 2 year old has had a cough practically since Christmas. It's not a chest infection, he isn't wheezing but he sometimes has a runny nose as well. He doesn't cough during the day really. I'm starting to think it might be an allergy as I have asthma and my husband has food allergies. His bob the builder duvet cover has been washed a couple times already and the duvet is synthetic so I'm stumped! His bed is near the radiator though. What are your thoughts?!

Socci Mon 07-Feb-05 11:20:01

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Mon 07-Feb-05 11:35:37

I'd go to the GP. Dry coughing at night can be a sign of asthma. Here is a webpage discussing different kinds of coughs.

skerriesmum Mon 07-Feb-05 12:49:10

Thanks NQC.

mummylonglegs Mon 07-Feb-05 16:27:45

My dd, 2.4, has the same. She only really coughs when she's lying down. Sometimes her coughing fits in the middle of the night really freak us out but she hardly seems to wake up. I took her to the GP and he said it was very difficult to diagnose asthma (both dp and I have it) before at least age 3. But he gave us an inhaler and spacer for her and we've been using it but it hasn't made a difference so far. Personally I don't think it's asthma as her cough sounds too chesty to me, I think it's the remnants of a cold she's had since just after Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now