Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think I might have broken my foot.

(2 Posts)
AbbyLou Sun 20-Jul-08 13:16:35

Went on a hen night last night which involved lots of dancing on tables etc. I came out of that unscathed which is unusual for me. As we were walking to the car I didn't realise there was a 1 inch step down and went down with a right wallop. My foot hurt straight away down the side. I have broken my 5th metatarsal before and it felt the same. I don't think it was as painful though. This morning it is swollen and painful and I'm finding it difficult to walk. The thought of sitting for hours at A&E fills me with dread. I don't know whether to just rest it and see what happens or go. I can't go until lter anyway because dh has still taken ds on a promised day out, the grandparents have taken dd for me as I can't carry her and I can't drive.

MrsTiddles Sun 20-Jul-08 20:51:33

Put it up,put ice on it, strap it in a crepe bandage and take either paracetamol or ibuprophen.

If the swelling doesn't go down and it becomes more painful, get an xray

I did exactly the same thing (no heels, just fell off the pavement shortly after having DC2 a few months ago)

And I thought I'd fractured / broken something. It ached quite a lot for about 6 wks and then subsided. It must have only been a sprain, if it had been broken I'd not have been able to walk.

Try the above and see. Or get your GP or practice nurse to have a quick look?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now