Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

IBS

(4 Posts)
MrsSnape Sat 19-Jul-08 22:54:04

I was taken into hospital on tuesday with excrutiating stomach pains. Turned out to be IBS causing a mixture of constipation and diarreah (diarreah in stomach, constipation keeping it there). Anyway after a long day at the hospital I ended up with extreme diahrea which I think cleared me out completely (put it this way, I am now 3lbs lighter than I was on Monday night!).

Anyway, I have not been to the toilet since Tuesday night so I'm scared stiff it's going to happen again. I have tried laxatives...yesterday I even took 3 sachets at once and still nothing, not even a feeling of needing to go. So at the moment I have 4 days of food in my stomach.

Is it going to happen again? sad I'm scared

LittleMissNorty Sat 19-Jul-08 23:09:38

Sorry I can't help but I think the more you owrry, the worse it will be and it sounds scary. Can you ring NHS Direct for some advice? IMO they are excellent. Hope it improves x

LittleMissNorty Sat 19-Jul-08 23:09:57

worry I meant

kjaysmum Sun 20-Jul-08 10:12:02

sorry can't help you directly but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I think Littlemiss is right you should ring NHS direct for advice. I am a IBS sufferer too so sympathise loads, but have very different symptoms to you...my advice overall is try to relax, the stress may make it worse, try natural products i.e prune juice, slippery elm. This may not help with your chronic symptoms but may help over time...you've only just been diagnosed and can learn techniques to manage your symptoms, which are unique to you so it will take some time to understand. I wish you lots of success with managing this illness xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now