Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this unusual? Day off during period?

(13 Posts)
BibiThree Sat 19-Jul-08 13:28:38

Since having DTs a year ago i've noticed every period I've had since lasts at least 6 days but I always have a days break around day 4. Nothing there, no dishcarge at all, no smudges when wiping, nothing. Caught me out the first few times, thought I was having a hosrt period only for it to return with gusti the following day.

This never happened before I had children - does anyone else have this?

TIA

FAQ Sat 19-Jul-08 13:29:36

Yes I have it too. Had it before DC as well. It's a nightmare - as sometimes it is just a short period but I can never tell until 2 days later LOL

vonsudenfed Sat 19-Jul-08 13:31:38

Me too - three days on, day off, back again just to fool you... Nice to think that I have a reproductive system with a sense of humour.

WeeBesom Sat 19-Jul-08 13:36:22

It happens to me a lot, can be a right pita!

Don't think it happened before I had children, wonder why that is?

MadamAnt Sat 19-Jul-08 13:39:19

Do you know what, I've been meaning to post about this for ages. YES - I get this too. Three to four days on, one day off and another two to three days on again. Bloody annoying (bloody...get it?? hohoho)

wabbit Sat 19-Jul-08 13:44:49

Ha ha yes - same here too and only began after ds!! and I was meaning to post about it too!

so it's not uncommon then... thought i was going a bit odd and am hugely worried about getting nearer the menopause... don't feel I've finished having babys yet!

Highlander Sat 19-Jul-08 16:21:54

I get it too. 2 dyas heavy, 1 day light, nothing, 4 days spotting

BibiThree Sat 19-Jul-08 18:15:43

Thank goodness! I thought my body was being weird to freak me out. I should be grateful for a day off in the middle that other women don't get I suppose smile

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 19-Jul-08 18:18:35

I've always had this too. Heavy, light, nothing, then spotting.

I have no idea what it is or what it means.

WeeBesom Sun 20-Jul-08 11:17:25

Wouldn't worry about it being th menopause wabbit, I'm only 26.

Seems it is pretty common then.

lljkk Sun 20-Jul-08 11:28:36

My periods always have been like that, 3 days moderate-light on, 1 full day off, few hours of light flow on day 5.

SoupKitchen Sun 20-Jul-08 11:32:36

Thank you, I posted about this last week but didn't get any responses. I thought I truly was a freak
It is wierd though.

notasheep Sun 20-Jul-08 11:33:10

I have it too-just when you think its finished its back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now