Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else got Retinitis Pigmentosa??

(4 Posts)
andlipsticktoo Sat 19-Jul-08 10:27:19

Was diagnosed last year. No longer allowed to drive and am struggling to read now.
Have not been given advice or support or where to get it from by consultants. Any ideas?
Feel like an old lady but am only 38!

WendyWeber Sat 19-Jul-08 10:39:59

Sorry to hear that sad

There is a British RP Society here in case you don't have that already - they have a helpline.

andlipsticktoo Sat 19-Jul-08 11:17:57

Thanks W W. Have just looked at the site. Not sure I'm ready to join an RP group yet but was interested in chatting to some 'regular' mums on here.

Winetimeisfinetime Sat 19-Jul-08 11:31:39

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis andlipsticktoo.
I have a friend who has rp. I'm not sure when she was diagnosed - must have been when she was quite young as she knew about it when I met her about 30 years ago. She is now in her mid 50's and still managing to work part time. She's not allowed to drive any more but otherwise tries to make sure that it doesn't stop her from doing things. Unfortunately both of her children have it but they are both at university and doing well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now