Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am falling apart, first suspected gallstones and now i have such a sore knee I feel sick

(12 Posts)
MehgaLegs Sat 19-Jul-08 10:19:43

My knee is clicking and it is agony. No swelling or heat. the pain is under my knee cap and shoots up my thigh. It is actually worse when sitting or lying.

I started a boot camp style exercise class two weeks ago, lots of lunges and skipping.

Do you think I've knackered a cartlidge or soemthing?

MehgaLegs Sat 19-Jul-08 10:56:29

I actually can't put any weight on it now, pain much worse, up thigh into hip.. Is this the sort of thing I could go to A&E for or is it an out of hours GP thing?

MehgaLegs Sat 19-Jul-08 11:11:55

please help me sad

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Sat 19-Jul-08 11:12:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Sat 19-Jul-08 11:12:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HereComeTheGirls Sat 19-Jul-08 11:15:59

if you cant put weight on it i think you could definitely go to a and e!

MehgaLegs Sat 19-Jul-08 11:16:23

thanks Malaroy. I should have gone to docs yesterday when it was first painful but I thoought she'd think I was a raving hypercondriac having already been there once this week.

Might try getting some Ibruprofen gel stuff when DH gets in.

MehgaLegs Sat 19-Jul-08 11:16:56

It is making a horrible grinding, clicking noise evry time i move it.

MadameCheese Sat 19-Jul-08 11:19:34

Not sure what you've done but I've had a similar problem with both my knees caused by going up and down steep stairs. Once it felt like something snapped and I was in tears and also felt sick like you and pain in upper and lower leg. My physio chum said it was to do with the knee cap itself but can't remember any more detail. I bought myself a knee support and wearing that for a week has really helped, but if it went on I was going to go to my GP. When it happened I sat for about half an hour and it got better, but if it's ongoing there's no harm in phoning the doc or perhaps nhs direct for advice. Hope you're better soon!

HereComeTheGirls Sat 19-Jul-08 11:20:48

sounds like you have torn/ruptured something, they will be able to give you crutches or strap it up or something

MehgaLegs Sat 19-Jul-08 11:22:19

Thank you. I have found an old elasticated tubular bandage thing and it is helping. Might get knee support thingwhen in Boots for Nurofen.

Sitting deffo makes it worse and it hurts as I stand but once walking its ok.

MadameCheese Sat 19-Jul-08 11:25:29

Actually yes when walking it didn't hurt at all hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now