Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Comeoveneer!!!!!!

(15 Posts)
Ledodgy Fri 18-Jul-08 23:31:09

should I take this further or put it dowm to an accident?

I dont mean as in sue but should I report it because the dentist may need re-training or something or is it just human error?

Ledodgy Sat 19-Jul-08 00:11:05

Ledodgy Sat 19-Jul-08 11:27:30

Ledodgy Sat 19-Jul-08 15:24:45

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 19-Jul-08 15:32:40

I have emailed her a link.

Ledodgy Sat 19-Jul-08 15:33:51

Thanks Bree.smile

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 19-Jul-08 15:34:21

You are welcome.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 19-Jul-08 15:46:29

Bump, she has just come in.

ComeOVeneer Sat 19-Jul-08 15:46:47

Hi, just seen this.

TBH it shouldn't have happened. When giving an injection the dentist should inserert needle then draw back on the plunger before pushing in the solution. If the needle is in a blood vessel this will draw some into the cartridge, so the needle is then repositioned. Most dentists these days use what is called a "self-aspirating" syringe which basically does this for you.

What you do know is up to you. The first port of call is a formal complaint to the surgery. Each surgery must have a complaints proceedure in place. If you aren't satisfied with this then you need to take it up with either the GDC (general dental council - the supervising body for all breitish dentists) if you wish the professional conduct of the dentist to be reviewed, or if you are of a mind to sue then see a solicitor who will then comunnicate with the dentists insurance provider to resolve the issue. HTH

Ledodgy Sat 19-Jul-08 16:07:35

Thanks Comeoveneer. I have just got him an appointment for tommorrow morning with the emergency dentist, they are too busty today to see him. He's in agony with his tooth, real pain. Is there anything stronger he can buy over the counter? He's been taking cocodomol and Ibruprofen.

Ledodgy Sat 19-Jul-08 16:08:18

*busy not Busty!

ComeOVeneer Sat 19-Jul-08 16:15:26

Nothing stronger over the counter I'm afraid.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 19-Jul-08 16:16:47

grin

I love MN.

Ledodgy Sat 19-Jul-08 16:23:06

grin Thank you CO.

Ledodgy Sun 20-Jul-08 22:16:52

He went to the emergency dentist today and has been given antibiotics as he thinks the tooth is infected. Surely the dentist on Friday should hav picked this up too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now