Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

13 month old waking up in the night with gurgly tummy/wind

(5 Posts)
FrazzledFairyFay Fri 18-Jul-08 21:59:33

My DS has started waking up in the night with a gurgly tummy - which is causing him discomfort. He can't go back to sleep until he's burped or farted. He's never really suffered from wind before and I haven't introduced any new foods recently. I've tried giving him gripe water before bed and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do to help him get it out of his system before he goes to bed, or stop it causing a problem? Thank-you

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 18-Jul-08 23:28:04

Are you b'feeding him? If so, it could be something that you are eating that's making him windy

Is he gulping his food at all - could be taking in a lot of air at the same time?

FrazzledFairyFay Sat 19-Jul-08 18:58:34

Thanks for replying. He's ff, and has been since about 4 weeks old. He does eat quickly and I've tried slowing him down but no luck!

nobodysfool Sat 19-Jul-08 19:01:56

My ds was the same at your your ds age (only seemed to happen when he was still for any length of time).We gave him Infacol just before he went to bed and it semmed to sort out the problem.
HTH.

FrazzledFairyFay Sat 19-Jul-08 19:05:02

Thanks nobodysfool. I have given him gripe but hadn't thought of Infacol - will get some tomorrow and give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now