Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What can I do for ds (3.5), he has had diorrhea for 24 hours?

(6 Posts)
Lilliput Fri 18-Jul-08 21:30:48

He seems ok-ish, has been playing and his usual pottering about today. He has eaten a bit but not loads. I've cut out fruit and juice. He gets a tummy cramp then goes to the loo and his poo is watery. I don't quite know what I can do to make him feel better or why he has diorrhea.

Sexonlegs Fri 18-Jul-08 21:35:04

Poor lad.

I always try and stick to water for drinking or with a bot of squash in and then starchy stuff like pasta, bread, banana's, etc. The bland stuff.

Hope he is better soon.

Purplepillow Fri 18-Jul-08 21:37:53

Give him tip tops to quench his thirst without feeding the bug, then slowly add dry and non dairy foods until the diorrhea stops.

Hope your son is feeling better soon grin

Lilliput Fri 18-Jul-08 23:26:01

He has just woken with a dirty nappy and he is crying in pain as the skin around his anus is raw. I've put sudocrem on it and had to put on another nappy. It looks so painful.

mawbroon Fri 18-Jul-08 23:38:55

Hi Lilliput. Aw, poor wee soul.

You need to do BRAT until he is a bit better. Banana, rice, apple, toast.

As Purplepillow says, avoid dairy. Before he became intolerent, I used to keep ds off it until he did solid poop again.

Also, you could try some cornflour on his bum. It keeps it dry and gives it a chance to heal

mawbroon Fri 18-Jul-08 23:39:35

And plenty fluids and cuddles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now