Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Advice needed! Baby has no appetite following illness

(6 Posts)
Newyearmum Sun 06-Feb-05 16:32:12

DD (6 1/2 months) came down with a tummy bug last Monday and went through a really tough week. She seems over the worst now (diahorrea nearly gone) but is still eating much less than I would have expected. She is only managing 3oz bottles instead of her usual 6 oz.

Does it normally take so long for their appetite to recover? I am worried she's not getting enough milk. She's not dehydrated and we're aware of the symptoms of that.

Newyearmum Sun 06-Feb-05 17:08:48

Bump

blueteddy Sun 06-Feb-05 17:15:35

I think that it takes them a while to get back to normal after an illness.
Also, as she will have been off her food for a while, it could take a bit of time for her stomach to take as much food as usual, if that makes sense.

Newyearmum Sun 06-Feb-05 17:19:44

Perfect sense. Thank you. It's just so frustrating, I can see her losing weight just when she should be putting it on.

CHIEFPICKLE Sun 06-Feb-05 17:27:24

hi all.
when my daughter had measles she didnt eat hardly anything for weeks as long as they are having a bit of milk and water to flush their system its ok and dont worry.
I used to buy those yoghurt drinks and shed have one a day- I found that helped.
she is now 13months old and hasnt eaten today as she is teething but ive made her a nice roast dinner so fingers crossed!!!

blueteddy Sun 06-Feb-05 17:28:37

I know how you feel.
My ds1 had a stomach bug when he was 7 months old & it lasted a week!
I remember panicing, as he was not the chubbiest of babies to start with & I could tell when I changed his nappy that he was losing weight.
He lost over a pound I think (was a long time ago, he is now 5!) but he eventually started gaining weight as normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now