Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

You're a part-time vegger and full time friend... 10/10 thread - all welcome

(981 Posts)
pinkspottywellies Fri 18-Jul-08 15:56:00

For anyone who wants a boost to their general health. The suggested goals are:

EAT 10 PORTIONS OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES EVERY DAY - if you don't usually eat much fruit and veg I would build up gradually or you could upset your digestion.

DO (AT LEAST) 10 MINUTES OF EXERCISE EVERY DAY - can be yoga, stretching or something more energetic. The plan is that the idea of doing 10 minutes is not too daunting, and having started you may well find you want to do more.

There are no restrictions on what you eat so long as you get your 10 fruit and veg as well. The focus is not on weight loss but on improving our energy levels and hopefully our general mood and well-being. Sign up below and post here to tell us how you're getting on and how you are feeling.

Basic guidance on what constitutes a portion of fruit and veg here and you can download more detailed information by following the link at the very bottom of the page.

littlerach Fri 18-Jul-08 15:57:00

Hurrah!!!!!

Now I can sing this all day long!

TigerFeet Fri 18-Jul-08 15:58:05

marks thread

back later

pinkspottywellies Fri 18-Jul-08 15:58:41

shock Sorry OB I didn't realise you got in first with a yes!!!! And I'll be in trouble with Franny cos we are NOT PART TIME VEGGERS!!!

God you would have thought she could start her own thread though! She's playing on the whole 'baby' thing a bit!

zippitippitoes Fri 18-Jul-08 15:58:52

well i shall say helo nice title

OsmosisBanana Fri 18-Jul-08 16:00:21

Meanie! And just when I was boasting to DH. How sad am I. blush grin

MamaG Fri 18-Jul-08 16:00:29

<looks adoringly at lully>

OsmosisBanana Fri 18-Jul-08 16:02:01

Hi MamaG. Don't you normally hang out with those 'what's for dinner' types?

IdrisTheDragon Fri 18-Jul-08 16:02:56

Hello smile

MamaG Fri 18-Jul-08 16:03:28

<outraged> I occasionally answer the thread!

OsmosisBanana Fri 18-Jul-08 16:03:51

What am I going to make for dinner BTW? I totally out-did myself yesterday and now feel like I shouldn't have to cook any more this week.

Especially as the thing I had planned to make is felafels which I totally cannot be bothered with.

Groan.

pinkspottywellies Fri 18-Jul-08 16:05:01

Pasta and a jar of sauce OB? If you're feeling really fancy sling in a garlic baguette from the freezer and a bag of lettuce smile

LackaDAISYcal Fri 18-Jul-08 16:05:04

what happened the the fruity bitches? I liked that and was still trying to work out what the tune was.....then i realised it might not actually have been a song title hmm

so, if it was a song, what was it?

FrayedKnot Fri 18-Jul-08 16:06:24

Congratulations MamaG grin

Just in case you missed it on the otehr thread!

pinkspottywellies Fri 18-Jul-08 16:06:55

It wasn't a song just an affectionate nickname we have amongst ourselves wink and obviously at your cervix/service.

pinkspottywellies Fri 18-Jul-08 16:07:33

<blocks door> So Daisy what fruit and veg have you been eating today?!

littlerach Fri 18-Jul-08 16:07:57

Advise me ladies.

Thai t/away - veggie p[lease.
What shall I have?

pinkspottywellies Fri 18-Jul-08 16:10:21

I went out for Thai the other week and the only veggie had a green curry I think. I like Thai green curry but haven't tried just a veggie version.

OsmosisBanana Fri 18-Jul-08 16:12:24

OH MY GOD! I strike again. Someone de-lurks and within 10mins I've managed to annoy.

LackaDAISYcal Fri 18-Jul-08 16:14:58

I have been eating the fuit of the cocoa bean tree wink

and.......ermmmmmmmm......some vague vegetable bits that were in the branston pickle i had with my pork pie at lunchtime

and..........erm........I'm having salad and mushrooms with my steak tonight.

I am pregnant and having cravings though!

.....can I go now please miss?

OsmosisBanana Fri 18-Jul-08 16:16:32

Are you talking totally veggie? Because, TBH, most Thai food will staill have fish sauce in it even if they say it's veggie....

What about some tom yum type soup? whatever the veggie version is.

hot salad type things too. shredded papaya.

Masaman curry is good veggie.

hungry.

UnderRated Fri 18-Jul-08 16:29:48

I almost always end up with Pad Thai & Tofu. Or some other vegetabley-noddley option. I want some now. Lunch will be leftovers. Again.

How long can one keep hardboiled egg before eating it?

Tatties Fri 18-Jul-08 16:33:40

Just checking in

grapes, satsuma

We'll have yours next time OB (although it does sound vaguely familiar to me as a previous title perhaps? Could be making that up though)

ahundredtimes Fri 18-Jul-08 16:36:21

What a nice title! Much better than the wholly inappropriate birthing thread. I am going to copy my message here too:

Oh what brilliant news to come back to Franny.

Congratulations Fra and all. Oh just hooray, hooray. And at home too. Good job that woman, well done. I particularly like the biting bit.

I was sending you good thoughts from that blardy dairy farm, that must account for the mooing. [places self at centre of the universe emoticon]

xxx

littlerach Fri 18-Jul-08 16:39:06

Yes, I usually have the green curry.

They have assured me that it is veggie, and not cooked in fish, as i thought the same!

An apple.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now