Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Navel Piercing

(5 Posts)
sweetie66 Fri 18-Jul-08 13:23:24

Hi hope someone can help me. I have a navel piercing which is healed (had done 3yrs ago). However this week it has suddenly gone all horrible. Around the top hole is a big open sore which is leaking a pus like liquid and blood (sorry TMI!) The skin around it is swollen and it is very very painful. I have been cleaning it with salt water and then putting antiseptic cream on it, I have also covered it. However it is not improving. I don't remember catching it or anything which could have caused this. Any ideas what might help?

NotDoingTheHousework Fri 18-Jul-08 13:25:29

Message withdrawn

PinkTulips Fri 18-Jul-08 13:32:52

uncovered, use something stronger than salt water... tcp or dettol.

did you get a bump in the tummy recently? mine went like this after a thump in the stomach although only 2 weeks after it was done, not 3 years.

sweetie66 Fri 18-Jul-08 14:52:38

Thanks for replies. I wasn't going to bother doctor as wasn't feeling unwell and nasty bit was only on one hole not both. Have it covered while I am at work but will leave it open when I get home (don't think I can walk around the office with my belly out!) Will try dettol or TCP. Think the wound is getting smaller, it looks like it needs to dry up. Pinktulips, I think I might have caught it when I was lifting the washing basket but as it only "pulled" like when you stretch I never gave it much thought.

AwayWithTheFaries Fri 18-Jul-08 16:41:39

you can also use hydrogen peroxide from the chemist its good stuff and will fizz inside getting out anything inside it what i was told to use by the guy who did my piercings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now