Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

skin tags/tabs

(13 Posts)
misdee Sun 06-Feb-05 11:10:43

anyone know if gp will remove them?

shrub Sun 06-Feb-05 11:17:22

i grew one on the side of my nose when i was expecting ds2 lovely nurse reassured me this is common in pregnancy and froze it off with liquid nitrogen - took 2 visits. think i saw the doc first but it might not be necessary - just phone reception and see what they say?

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 06-Feb-05 11:18:48

gp should remove them without any fuss or begging on your part.

misdee Sun 06-Feb-05 11:19:11

i have about 6 on the back of my neck tho. i keep growing more and more.

shrub Sun 06-Feb-05 11:20:49

took about 5 mins each time

misdee Sun 06-Feb-05 11:21:18

did it hurt?

prunegirl Sun 06-Feb-05 11:22:21

Message withdrawn

misdee Sun 06-Feb-05 11:24:07

think its mroe genetic, my dad has them.

i had a horrible one under my eye when i was teenager. i was so happy the day it fell off.

WigWamBam Sun 06-Feb-05 11:35:28

Have a chat with your GP, they can remove them if they do minor surgery themselves. I had to have them checked out by the GP first, then make another appointment with both the GP and the nurse so that they could be frozen off.

I have a lot around my stomach, when they get large or annoying, my GP recommended that I tie cotton around them, cover them with a plaster and wait for them to fall off.

Some beauticians will remove them for you, too.

lou33 Sun 06-Feb-05 13:49:44

dh had one taken off his neck, didn't hurt at all

PrettyCandles Sun 06-Feb-05 14:05:48

I do exactly that, WWB - I get dh or my mum to tie a silk thread around the tag as tightly as I can bear (it stings nastily for a few seconds), then just wait for the thing to turn black and fall off. Takes a couple of weeks, and the ones that have been removed like that have never grown back. But I would only do that to a skin tag that was the same colour as the rest of my skin - I'd never touch a darker tag, or one in a darker patch of skin, without checking with the GP first.

Sponge Sun 06-Feb-05 15:03:36

I got lots when I was pregnant. I just squeezed the base of them very firmly with my tweezers and they'd come off.

Newyearmum Sun 06-Feb-05 16:28:26

I had some when I was pregnant and was petrified of how much it would hurt if I had them removed. But the GP did it himself and it was PAINLESS! I was so happy as I'd grown to hate them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now