Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is swallowing Blu-tac dangerous?

(7 Posts)
moanylisa Thu 17-Jul-08 18:32:22

My special needs dd2, aged 7, has necked a quarter of a packet (she picks up all sorts)by the look of it (though she might have hidden some. How worried should I be?

Rhubarb Thu 17-Jul-08 18:38:03

Ah since you've started two threads I thought someone should answer you!

Leave it, it'll come out eventually. You know those guys who swallow condoms full of drugs? That comes out so I'm sure a quarter of a packet of blu-tack will come out too.

Don't try and re-use it though eh? wink

moanylisa Thu 17-Jul-08 18:39:51

Lol, thankyou very much Rhubarb!

Rhubarb Thu 17-Jul-08 18:40:35

Any time! smile

Smithagain Thu 17-Jul-08 18:41:48

If she's succeeded in swallowing it without choking, I would think it will be OK.
Am pretty sure it's non-toxic, although reading the packet to make sure might be sensible.

Keep an eye on her and take her to A&E if there's any signs of abdominal pain. That's what they told me when DD1 swallowed a pebble, anyway.

moanylisa Thu 17-Jul-08 18:43:35

Thanks - hopefully it will be ok. shock @the pebble!

Smithagain Thu 17-Jul-08 18:56:07

That's nothing. The nice lady on NHS direct told me that her daughter had once swallowed a ring pull. At the age of 15 shock And she was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now