Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

One of DD's fingernails is falling - do I use a plaster until it grows back

(7 Posts)
Tapster Thu 17-Jul-08 16:33:12

My 20 month old DD banged her nail a couple of weeks ago, I knew something hurt but he couldn't tell me what. I noticed a nail all bruised, it went a bit black and its now falling off. I understand it will grow back do I need to put a plaster on it before it grows back to keep it clean or just leave it alone.

suzywong Thu 17-Jul-08 16:34:08

let it fall off
don't put a plaster on it
but discourage her from poking the cat's bum etc etc with it
HTH

windygalestoday Thu 17-Jul-08 16:34:57

id put a loose plaster around it and in the bath the nail might fall off then id let it dry out nturally very uickly a new nail grows tho.

windygalestoday Thu 17-Jul-08 16:35:19

lol@ cats bum

Seeline Thu 17-Jul-08 16:36:52

My son managed to get his finger infected which resulted in him loosing the nail. I kept a plaster on it until the new nail was reasonably well grown as he kept fiddling with the loose one and catching it on things, and also he's a boy - hygene?! The new nail is fine.

suzywong Thu 17-Jul-08 16:38:51

My ds2 had a petting farm thing come to his playgroup and amongs the baby animals lying panting in the heat was a piglet whose nice round backside and enticing curly tail was the right size to protrude perfectly through a section of the chicken wire. I just caught ds2's finger millimetres away from actualy penetration. Not a court in the law would have convicted him though, the piglet was deffo asking for it wink

windygalestoday Thu 17-Jul-08 16:48:41

hehehe grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now