Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PMT - What's the worse thing YOU have ever done?

(17 Posts)
LoopyLoz Thu 17-Jul-08 13:16:09

I suffer the worlds worse pmt and as I'm pmt right now, I can safely say it makes me go temporarily crazy! I feel like my head is spinning round crazy, sane, crazy, sane! I can't be around people but I want to throw heavy objects at people because I'm just SO annoyed all the time. When the anger settles, along comes the emotional crying time where I just feel like I'm the most depressed woman on the planet! My boyfriend doesn't know if he's coming or going at my time of the month, and neither do I for that matter!

I'm not the only extreme case am I? Anyone any tips on how to calm pmt a little?

sheepgomeep Thu 17-Jul-08 14:22:42

No advice just sympathy.

I'm the same, everyone infuriates me when I have pmt, I have non patience, I scream and shout at dp and the kids which isn't nice I know.

I once hit dp acroos the back with a spirit level one of those long ones. Not in front of the kids though not that makes it any better.

SmallShips Thu 17-Jul-08 14:37:47

ive got PMT at the moment, i never thought i was bad, until my mum told me i am awful.

Ive just rang DH at work and went crazy down the phone, he was supposed to be taking me shopping, but he's late... i shouted and screamed like a mad woman, his boss heard (he was best man at our wedding 6 days ago) and ive completely embarrassed myself, once i stopped shouting i started crying like a loon!! In my defence he isnt even supposed to be at work today, hes supposed to be spending time with his family before he goes to Iraq on Sunday.

scotsgirl Thu 17-Jul-08 15:58:50

Ooh, my sympathies. I can totally relate as I too scream like a banshee, and get violent rushes of anger that seem to come from nowhere. I have had blazing rows in front of DS blush and ocassionally other members of the family, and have been known to throw heavy objects/fists around. God it's awful. I am quite a bad tempered person in general (at least according to all my family and DH - i of course think I'm perfectly reasonable grin), so everything just gets amplified.

How to deal with it? Nothing really worked for me except going on the mini-pill, although I know that can cause other emotional problems for some people, like depression. I definitely feel like I'm on a more even keel, and don't get huge rushes of uncontrollable anger. Still feel a bit ratty sometimes, but who doesn't, pmt or not?

Why not discuss it with your GP?

suzywong Tue 22-Jul-08 07:42:21

well, it was today, but there's no way I would ever tell anyone what it was, they were as it was a string of evil things.

Full Moon + first period since having Mirena fitted + first period since coming off ADs = probably scarred my son for life with my banshee rants. I really feel like I am perfectly capable of murdering someone in cold blood today. Seriously I feel I have the strength and any minor misdemeanor even looking at me in a funny way would be the trigger. Don't tell the rozzers blush

I went to the gym and worked out hard to loud rock music which seemed to chanel the energy somewhat and I am just going to zip my mouth shut for the rest of the day and get an industrial strength evening primrose capsule.

sheepgomeep yours was VERY funny

ninedragons Tue 22-Jul-08 07:58:13

I kicked in a glass door once. Bullet-proof, apparently, but not PMT-proof.

MumWith2Boys Tue 22-Jul-08 08:04:01

1st day of school hols yesterday and PMT - by 7.30am I was hoarse from yelling at my kids. I felt out of control, depressed and was dreading the next 6 weeks.

24hrs later and I feel awful for yelling. Who was that crazy loon? And the next 6 weeks don't seem so scary either ...

Hecate Tue 22-Jul-08 08:07:18

Don't have that trouble at all any more! But I remember all manner of things.
Once threw a pan of beans and sausages (just off the hob!! shock) over an ex who was being a twat (in my pmt addled brain). He was injured. blush
Cried a lot every time.
Oh I once kicked in my front door because the key wouldn't turn shock
I have lashed out physically on occasion too, to my great shame.
I've told dh I don't love him.
Smashed plates on purpose.
And lots of other stuff.
I used to go psycho!
I am bloody glad I don't go through all that any more!

Oh - it was all everyone else picking on me and the world hated me, of course!grin

Twinkie1 Tue 22-Jul-08 08:13:30

Peed in some spaghetti bolognaise - only a tiny amoung and let my evil sister eat it - I was 15 and she had beaten me up - I made her dinner as a making up things and then my evil streak got in the way.

God I am an awful person but she is a violent bully and revenge was served hot and tasty!

Flamesparrow Tue 22-Jul-08 08:16:57

Lots of screaming, shouting and crying here.

Generally throwing things too - most memorable being the bin bags at DH because he took the old one out of the bin but didn't put a new one in.

shock @ the wee!!!

filthymindedvixen Tue 22-Jul-08 08:26:59

Vit B complexes....every day. Really really helps!

(From one who was once found sitting on kitchen floor with huge tears plopping down into a bowl of green jelly I was compelled to eat.)

lazaroulovesleggings Tue 22-Jul-08 08:37:01

I once pulled the light cord out of the ceiling in the bathroom, and we had no light for a couple of weeks.
I've snapped a cd in half, ripped a really expensive bag that I owned

Although I can not beat my friend who threw her engagement ring out of the car window while having a barny with her dh.

ProfYaffle Tue 22-Jul-08 08:49:04

Not me but a friend of mine once sheepishly showed me the huuuuuge holes in her bedroom door. In a PMT rage she had pulled up a long, fake pot plant whose stems were embedded in a concrete base, she was swinging it around her head while bellowing at her dp, he shut himself in the bedroom in terror and she, still swinging the pot plant, attempted to bash her way through the door Shining style. shock

She went to the gp the next day .....

Dunkey Tue 22-Jul-08 08:50:36

I did the weeing thing too, to someone very close who was not being very understanding at the time.

suzywong Tue 22-Jul-08 09:56:25

so the weeing is fairly commonplace then?

phew

GentleOtter Tue 22-Jul-08 10:10:33

I threw a wood axe at an x-p who was being a total prat when I not only had raging PMT but had run out of fags.
He also did an infuriating little noise EVERY time he drank from a teacup....

Twinkie1 Tue 22-Jul-08 10:12:38

Evil sister had broken 2 of my fingers - it wasn't just a girly fight she was evil and vicious!

If I had arsnic she wouldn't be here at all today so she is lucky it was just wee!

Fecking hell at the bashing things up thread - I just go quiet and sulky and don't speak to anyone whilst plotting darstadly tricks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now