Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood tests this morning and my blood pressure is through the bloody roof with the 2 boys behaviour

(7 Posts)
itati Thu 17-Jul-08 08:06:45

Fuck fuck fuck

SoupDragon Thu 17-Jul-08 08:10:14

Bribe them with something.
Stick them in front of the TV.

SoupDragon Thu 17-Jul-08 08:11:07

Fart about on Mumsnet and ignore the screaming from the living room (can you guess what I'm doing right now? )

itati Thu 17-Jul-08 10:58:13

We left for errand and school straight away. Later DS1 blamed me for the fact that he was being naughty as I wouldn't give him chance to say what was wrong. I told him I was always there to listen to him. He was still upset about 2 children, as he saw it, being mean to him at playtime yesterday. DS1 is a sensitive boy and I do get a bit frustrated that he won't do as we suggest, walk away, tell them to stop it/leave him alone, etc. He is going in to Juniors in September and I sometimes feel he will eaten alive. sad

Did your morning get better, SoupD?

SoupDragon Thu 17-Jul-08 11:35:11

My morning improved immensely. mainly because DS1 & 2 went to school and DD went to nursery!!

My stress was the usual "Please put your socks on. Please put your socks on. PUT YOUR SOCKS ON" routine. interspersed with fighting (all 3), staring into space (DS2) and covering legs with toothpaste (DD). [sigh]

SoupDragon Thu 17-Jul-08 11:36:49

I doubt your DS will be eaten alive. DS1 didn't seem to notice moving from infants to juniors and it didn't really seem much different. DS2 goes to juniors in Sept too. Luckily they're all one school so there's no change of site or anything.

itati Thu 17-Jul-08 11:47:19

DS1 found going from Reception to Year 1 a huge shock and is just finisheing year 2 so is still an infant. Sept is year 3 and he becomes a Junior. Part of his uniorm changes, he will need a proper school bag, he goes into school at a different place, has different play and lunch times, a new teacher. It is a lot for them.

I have had a meeting this morning about DD going in to Year 1 and I will have to big her up about what a big girl she is now she is in year 1 that she goes in to school on her own (same entrance she has seen her brother go in for the last 2 years so that helps) as I am not allowed in the school. She seems quite excited about going in to year one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now