Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

thread worms????

(4 Posts)
memoo Wed 16-Jul-08 20:04:15

Has anyone had experience of their DC having thread worm? DS keeps getting pains in his bottom and i wondered if thats what it is as i know there have been a few cases in school

I have done all the not so nice stuff like checking his poo (sorry) and checking his bottom at night but can't see anything. Have look at symptoms for threadworm and it says itchy bottom but not a painful bottom. I am confused.com

memoo Wed 16-Jul-08 20:42:30

""ZZZZZZZzzzzzz""

Sorry!! was i snoring

MumWith2Boys Thu 17-Jul-08 09:17:07

I was on the phone to nhs direct about threadworm recently as DS2 aged 2.2 has also been complaining about a sore bottom. Apparently if it is threadworm you can see them in the poo. Sounds lovely.

I'm confused about my lad too. We've come to the conclusion that he's becoming aware of the sensation when he needs a poo and he doesn't like it. He's not in pain when he actually poos though so we think it's psychological. Apparently this is quite common.

Sorry I can't help you. Good luck

cory Thu 17-Jul-08 09:24:24

A sore bottom could be all sorts of things: constipation, fissures due either to constipation or to wiping too hard/not wiping carefully enough. Threadworms tend to be more itchy than sore- though of course if you scratch enough....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now