Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had a coil taken out?

(13 Posts)
Blossomhill Sat 05-Feb-05 15:14:36

having mine taken out on wednesday as I have had it in for 5 and a half years. Does it really hurt. Be honest with me, please

noddyholder Sat 05-Feb-05 15:15:30

it was 12 yrs ago and I was terrified and it didn't hurt at all Bit like the discomfort of a smear but no pain

TinyGang Sat 05-Feb-05 15:20:43

Sorry to digress, but what's it like having one put in? Does that hurt at all - got this coming up!

Hope it goes ok for you BH - I hate anything like this and just grit my teeth.

Blossomhill Sat 05-Feb-05 15:34:01

It was ok tiny gang a lttle bit painful. Mind you I did have it in when dd was 6 weeks old so was probably a bit tender anyway.

Just not sure what to do now about contraception to be honest!

noddyholder Sat 05-Feb-05 15:35:35

can't you have another?I couldn't and its been condoms ever since -hate them!I think you can have another after a while

Blossomhill Sat 05-Feb-05 15:37:11

Noddy holder - really don't want another one. have had a lot of abdominal pain and thrush since having it in. I am convinced it is all linked.

noddyholder Sat 05-Feb-05 15:38:38

you can get thrush with them and pain I loved the convenience I suppose.It is either the cap or the condom then-inless you can take the pill

Blossomhill Sat 05-Feb-05 15:42:35

Sorry Noddy did you say you can get thrush with them?
Am serioulsy trying to make dh have the snip. Our family is 100% complete

Mollydolly Sat 05-Feb-05 15:42:48

Had my coil put in after dd as had pre-eclampsia which left me with high bp -so no more of the pill. GP wasn't sure at first if it would be OK as I had a CS with dd but was willing to give it a go - it worked but it was pretty painful due to the fact that my womb & cervix weren't "stretched" or "soft" as they would have been following normal delivery. Had to take a coupleof hours off work afterwards. That said, it isn't supposed to be half as bad if you've had normal delivery. Hope this hasn't put anyone off!

Yorkiegirl Sat 05-Feb-05 15:45:10

Message withdrawn

noddyholder Sat 05-Feb-05 15:47:28

yes they def cause it as I had it repeatedly with mine and my gp said that was quite common apparently bugs can travel up the strings(TMI I know!)

winnie Sat 05-Feb-05 15:53:02

It doesn't hurt having them taken out ime

Blossomhill Sat 05-Feb-05 15:56:22

ergh

Can I also say that it has affected my sex life as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now