Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any sonographers out there? Looking for advice.

(4 Posts)
Mhairi06 Wed 16-Jul-08 09:34:04

Just wondered if a duplex kidney could have been picked up at a 24 week scan?
Thanks!

MrsTiddles Wed 16-Jul-08 18:13:59

hello
I'm not a sonographer, but I had a 22 wk scan where all the organs were looked at very closely. Kidneys, included.
I think it will depend very much where you have the scan and how sophisticated their technology.
I can recommend the Fertility Medical Centre on Harley St but their scans are not cheap. Between £100 and £200 normally. If you are not near London I am sure there are centres like this around the country.
We had one there for peace of mind and it was extremely reassuring. They took 45 mins with us and went through everything in great detail. And when they couldn't see my DD's spine I had to walk around for 10 mins and have a sugary drink and come back (she had moved) so there were thorough.

Mhairi06 Wed 16-Jul-08 21:20:52

Thanks for replying MrsTiddles. Our little girl is 6 months old now, and we paid for a private scan when I was 24 weeks pregnant with her. They did not pick up on an abnormality she has in one of her kidneys (which led to her being seriously unwell), and we just wondered if this could have been avoided.

MrsTiddles Thu 17-Jul-08 07:03:47

oh I see, I'm sorry to hear she's been unwell. I do hope she's ok now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now