Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

*sigh* we are the house of unwell this week. Can I ask 2 quick questions re sickness in a 16 MO?

(9 Posts)
spicemonster Wed 16-Jul-08 08:13:42

Right so my DS woke up last night with a slight fever (38.5) so I gave him some water and then he was sick all over me. Two questions for you:

1) he's due to go to the CM for a settling in session this am. That's off the cards, right? We are also due to visit my 98 YO granny tomorrow. If last night was just a one off, do you think that would be okay?
2) normally he has a bottle of milk on waking and then milk and cereal a few hours later. Should I just give him toast or something and no milk instead?

Strangely he has never been sick before (I knew this would happen as I happened to mention that fact the other day so I Tempted Fate!)

TIA

Sawyer64 Wed 16-Jul-08 08:20:50

IMO You can't tell at this stage if its a "one off" so

I would skip the CM visit.

I wouldn't give him breakfast,or maybe try the bottle, and if he is sick,then rest his stomach for a few hours and try again at Lunchtime.Keep giving him water though.

If he can't keep his bottle down,also skip the Granny visit too,unless someone can sit with him at home.Not fair or safe to give your elderly Granny a bug IMO.

spicemonster Wed 16-Jul-08 08:28:51

Cheers, I will just him some milk then when he wakes up and see what happens. He's still asleep which is most unusual

If he's sick again, I won't go and see the granny definitely. She's a bit frail as you might imagine at that age!

Piffle Wed 16-Jul-08 08:35:51

I would cancel both. Hope he's better soon spice

SuperSillyus Wed 16-Jul-08 08:49:36

Aw, Yeah, I would probably cancel both too. hope he gets well soon.

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Jul-08 08:51:44

hope he's well soon and it was a one off

spicemonster Wed 16-Jul-08 09:12:44

Oh dear, what a shame. That's the only time we can visit my gran too before I go back to work full-time but I agree I don't want to be responsible for giving her some hideous vomiting bug.

He has drunk his milk, has no fever and seems very perky so hopefully it was just a one-off

Thanks for your good wishes

SuperSillyus Wed 16-Jul-08 09:50:48

Or if he seems better visit your gran but don't kiss/hug her or let her hold the baby? would that be too sad? Maybe better than no visit at all?

spicemonster Wed 16-Jul-08 11:15:22

That's a good idea in theory SSU but she's blind and nearly deaf so really having a squeeze of his fat arms and legs is the only way she gets to enjoy him.

He has had some milk and some toast now and seems absolutely fine. We are not due round there till tomorrow afternoon and he was sick at 1am this morning so I think I'll risk it if he's fine all day. He had buttered leek quiche for tea so I don't know if it might have been a bit rich for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now