Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can dc's get chicken pox twice?

(14 Posts)
Shannaratiger Wed 16-Jul-08 07:20:54

DS had chicken pox fairly mildly in Febuary. DD has just had it fairly badly, last spots dried up Monday. DS has woken up this morning with spots over his face, neck and body.

aGalChangedHerName Wed 16-Jul-08 07:25:11

My ds1 had it when he was 4 and again when he was 7 so yes. It was confirmed as Chicken Pox both times too.

Shannaratiger Wed 16-Jul-08 07:33:19

Thanks. I'm now going to curl up in the corner and cry. sad grin

aGalChangedHerName Wed 16-Jul-08 07:36:04

God poor ds.sad First time ds1 had it he had loads and loads of spots but wasn't very ill and second time hardly any spots and was very very ill.

Hope he's not too bad xx

Shannaratiger Thu 17-Jul-08 08:38:33

DS definately has chicken pox. He is covered head to toe, inc. four on his eye sad. Oh well hopefully this will be it.

hertsnessex Thu 17-Jul-08 08:39:08

yep, my nephews had it twice and one of mine had it twice.

ivykaty44 Thu 17-Jul-08 08:46:51

yes I had chicken pox aged 1 and 24 (pg with dd1 the second time sad) so very scarey as no one could tell me if it would harm the baby sad

shinyshoes Thu 17-Jul-08 08:47:26

My eldest has had it twice, once severlel, the other mild, apparently only one of them will be very severe if you do get it again it's always milder (thats what the GP said anyways). I've had it 3 times, twice as an adult

watsthestory Thu 17-Jul-08 08:51:31

Message withdrawn

ivykaty44 Thu 17-Jul-08 09:32:05

Oh my god the second time I had it is was awful, I was covered from head to toe with pox scabs and in a lot of pain - thank goodness I cant remember the first itme I had it

Tutter Thu 17-Jul-08 09:33:36

christ i hope not

ds1 just over it

ds2 (1yo tomorrow, the poor lamb) is covered, red hot and miserable sad

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 17-Jul-08 10:15:46

on the subject of chicken pox - my ds is on day2/3 of rash so infectious - me & dd have had it {not sure if dp has}.
my best friend has come down with her baby {not staying here} and she doesn't want her baby to get it - question is if i go and visit them on my own am i carrying the pox?

shinyshoes Thu 17-Jul-08 11:50:32

vInTaGeViolet - Wheb you say 'had it' do you mean very recently? If you haven't come out in spots yet theres no way of knowing if you've got the virus (this is the contagious bit, before the spots come out, not when the spots are out), so you could well have it or it might have passed you by, I wouldn't take the chance tbh. Not if she dosent want the baby to get it

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 17-Jul-08 12:26:10

thanks shinyshoes - no i "had it" as a child - dd had it years ago too.

i'm kinda resigned to not seeing my friend this time.

having read up about the pox - it says the virus is carried/spread through saliva and snot - i just want to know if it is in mine too although i have immunity i may be carrying it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now