Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Screaming and cant console him???

(5 Posts)
didsnbump Tue 15-Jul-08 21:46:00

My ds is 6 months and today he had been very grumpy. He has his morning and lunch time naps no probs, come the afternoon we tried to get him to have a nap as he normally would for 10/15 mins and he wouldnt, took him out for a walk which did the trick. Bed time went as normall, but he wouldnt sleep, eventually getting more and more upset, which is very unusuall as he normally goes down and goes off straight away.

We got him up and when he started to get upset again, tried him in bed again. We then got even more unconsolable screaming.
We took him out for a walk, which sent him off. Put him to bed fine but he only slept 45 mins and then more unconsolable screaming. Again another walk and he has gone off.

We have given calpol and bonjela, is this likely to be teething or should i be concerned??

RoRoMommy Tue 15-Jul-08 21:48:02

Have you massaged his belly? Maybe it's gas, that happened to my DS when he was about three months old.

Could be teething. Is he sucking on his fingers, drooling lots?

wrinklytum Tue 15-Jul-08 21:50:42

Is his temperature normal? No pulling at ears (mine did this with an ear infection),no diarrhoea?Have you tried the usual- drink/nappy change?It could be teething,mine were certainly more grumpy when teething.

didsnbump Tue 15-Jul-08 21:55:22

His temp is normall, or so my thermometer says, not sure if i trust it though as it always reads the same when i use it. He has been drooling and chewing anything possible for weeks and weeks now.
He has one running poo yesterday but thats it.
Yeah we did calpol, drink and bum, but screamed throughout most of it!

He had broccoli for the first time today, could that have caused it.

Havent moved him out of the pram yet, so not sure if thats it for the night or not!

RoRoMommy Tue 15-Jul-08 22:16:01

Could be gas, broccoli can cause that, or teething. I wouldn't worry too much, just try to make him comfortable. If it's his tummy you could try a little massage to help him move the gas along, start on his lower right side with two fingers in small circular motions very gently, work up the side, over the top of his belly button, then down the left side, and again. If it doesn't make a difference when you touch his tummy, it's probably not gas.

HTH! Hang in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now