Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

4 yo DS constantly being sick

(8 Posts)
SugaryBits Tue 15-Jul-08 20:05:05

DS has been being sick almost every day for a while now- it's not a lot, he either swallows it or spits it out. His breath always smells sicky but apart from that it doesn't seem to bother him. Is it possible to have reflux at this age? I am going to take him to the doctors but just wondering if anyone had any idea if there might be a reason for this.

SugaryBits Tue 15-Jul-08 20:16:03

anyone?

BINAH Tue 15-Jul-08 20:18:32

Sickness bug?...sorry ...Bump until somone who knows answers....hope it will pass soon.

SugaryBits Tue 15-Jul-08 20:22:05

Definately not a bug, has been going on too long and he is not at all ill. He will be playing/running around/reading a book and suddenly have a mouthful of sick! It's a very small amount and after he spits it out out he will go back to whatever he was doing and be perfectly fine. Thanks for the reply though!

MegGriffin Tue 15-Jul-08 20:40:44

Could he have a nasal drip down the back of his throat/mucus thats dripping down and eventually making him sick?

SugaryBits Wed 16-Jul-08 10:25:44

Thanks for the reply Meg. I don't think it could be a nasal drip as the sick tends to be food or drink. I'm going to take him to the dics today just to check everything is OK.

Mae1 Wed 16-Jul-08 18:19:01

My dd1 had something similar - would go for a few weeks OK and then there would be a couple of days with a horrible smell on her breath followed by one single bout of sickness and then she was perfect. This happened every few weeks until Jan thsi year (she's now7!) - don't know what it was, tried to work out what was triggering it - never did (!) & could never tell when it was going to happen either - always had to have bowls left in the bedroom (just in case!) - we've only had one bout in the last 7 months - so hope to God she's grown out whatever it was!!!!

Aero Wed 16-Jul-08 18:26:02

My friend's ds still suffers from reflux and he is six, so it is possible - sounds like this is similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now