Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help-My almost 5 year old has swallowed a marble

(10 Posts)
midas Tue 15-Jul-08 18:09:37

My husband jsut called to let me know that my son has swallowed a marble.

Called NHS direct but they cannot talk to me because I am not with son. I am at work.

Cannot reach husband on the phone although I did tell him to take him to hospital.

Now very worried

Doodle2U Tue 15-Jul-08 18:11:31

My DD poo'ed out two colourful marbles when she was 3 (we also had a dice and a tiddlywink counter) blush

cocolepew Tue 15-Jul-08 18:11:39

Don't worry, he'll be x-rayed at hospital. As long as he can breath, I think you'll have to wait for nature to takes it's course!

cocolepew Tue 15-Jul-08 18:11:40

Don't worry, he'll be x-rayed at hospital. As long as he can breath, I think you'll have to wait for nature to takes it's course!

midas Tue 15-Jul-08 18:15:16

Thank you very much.

I was told he was breathing OK.

When I called and I heard him talking in the background, that he had 2 in his mouth and one went down into his tunmmy.

I will leave work now.

cocolepew Tue 15-Jul-08 18:23:21

smile keep us informed

midas Wed 16-Jul-08 10:29:05

Thanks for asking.

He will have to use a potty until the marble comes out.

We were sent home with gloves.

cocolepew Thu 17-Jul-08 10:13:34

Nice grin

hewlettsdaughter Thu 17-Jul-08 10:23:37

Hope he's ok - if it's got far enough you'll just have to wait until it comes out. DD (3) swallowed a metal ball from our 'Mouse trap' game - the hospital told us to look out for it coming out the other end within a couple of days (it took four).

schneebly Thu 17-Jul-08 10:25:20

DS1 swallowed a metal ball from a 'magnetix' construction kit - it took 5 days to come out but he was fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now