Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The most pain I have ever been in

(5 Posts)
MrsSnape Tue 15-Jul-08 14:35:20

I was rushed into hospital in the early hours of the morning with exrutiating stomach pains. I was crying my eyes out down the phone to the doctor and I never cry through pain...it was so bad it almost made me pass out. I'm not exagurating when I say it rivaled labour pains.

Once in hospital I was given morphene and put on a drip, by now I was really panicking...anyway to cut a long story short it turned out to be IBS, together with with a water infection, complicated by a sickness and diarhea bug! shock

this is quite crude so look away if you don't want to see it....

The diarhea had already formed in my stomach but I was also constipated meaning it was stuck there basically turning my insides into much...hence the pain.

Anyway thanks to the wonderfull doctors and nurses (who were great with my two kids who had to go with me) the 'blockage' has gone and now I'm sat on the loo every 5 minutes.

When I go its litrally like someone throwing a bucket of muddy water down the toilet. It happened 3 times in the hospital and twice at home. Where on earth does it come from? I've had nothing to eat and only water to drink so how are my insides still forming so much diarhea?

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 15-Jul-08 16:09:01

Yikes! poor you! what a horrid mixture. I would guess that it would be a build up of a few days waste tbh....all stuck behind the blockage.

At least you can only get better now, bet you are feeling sore though.

Get well soon! smile

iBundle Tue 15-Jul-08 16:10:21

you poor thing

sarah293 Tue 15-Jul-08 16:11:35

Message withdrawn

Mercy Tue 15-Jul-08 16:23:32

Something similar happened to a mate of mine in India too!

She was so ill she was on a drip . Did the hospital recommend anything?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now