Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What to put on chicken pox to help with itch?

(8 Posts)
KerryMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:05:47

please. Can't remember from when ds1 had them. He was on anti-virals at the time because of his severe eczema so that helped a lot. ds2 has them now.

Fimbo Tue 15-Jul-08 14:06:59

Calamine lotion, although it is a bit messy.

izzybiz Tue 15-Jul-08 14:07:08

I think they can use Piriton, and you can now get Calamine cream, so it doesn't dry out and make the itch worse!

Clary Tue 15-Jul-08 14:07:42

Eurax. It’s the bee’s knees. Lasts for about 4 hours and you can literally see when it wears off (they start to itch)

Sidge Tue 15-Jul-08 14:08:05

In my experience very little topically helps the itching. You can try calamine lotion or Eurax, or put bicarb of soda in the bath but I found the only thing that helped mine was taking antihistamines.

islandofsodor Tue 15-Jul-08 14:11:08

Eurax lotuin. It doesn't dry out like calamine and is very soothing. It doesn't need to keep being reapplied.

Also I found piriton really helped my two.

KerryMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:11:26

I ahve this Anthisan stuff for bugs bites and nettle rash will that help at all?

I have antihistamines

TheMadHouse Tue 15-Jul-08 14:14:49

KerryMum My two have just had it and DS1 has serve exzema, we used calamine and aqueas cream and also somethin call PoxiCiln it worked a treat.

Piriton made mine hyper.

Bicarbe and oats in the bath also help loads

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now