Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is there ever a good time to get Chicken Pox (and have I ever mentioned what a Dick xdh is?)

(32 Posts)
KerryMum Tue 15-Jul-08 13:52:04

Well what ds2 thought was a bug bite yesterday turned out to be chicken pox!!!

Happy Days! hmm

I am in the throes of meltdown trying to get everything organized for two major trips I have to take with ds1 for chess tournaments. One next week to Liverpool then a week after that onto Austria. I have a BILLION things to do. How in this life am I ever going to get ANY of them done!!!?????

I have no one to mind ds2 and I wouldn't ask friends because I'm sure they don't want chicken pox\shingles running through their house. ds1 is missing an all-day training session tomorrow and he's very upset. sad He's team captain and won't be there with his team!

So I ask xdh could he possibly come down early (his plan was arriving the night before I fly out hmm and he says, no, absolutely not, he has to take his bin out.

wtf.

I can kill him right?

lulumama Tue 15-Jul-08 13:55:05

he has to take his bin out? he is farking joking, right??

tell him to ask a neighbour !

hopefully DS will be ok by next week x

WigWamBam Tue 15-Jul-08 14:01:10

You can kill him. There's not a jury in the land who would convict you. (But don't quote me on that, OK?).

Dickhead.

Fimbo Tue 15-Jul-08 14:03:11

So a smelly bin is more important than his ds. Charming angry

KerryMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:04:07

Exactly! He says he can't ask neighbors and he can't just leave it out as he's in a bad neighborhood. He thinks I can just manage.

I really really hate this man most of the time.

What am I going to do lads?

sad

KerryMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:04:33

Does anyone know how long it takes before cp is no longer contagious and I can take ds2 out?

Fimbo Tue 15-Jul-08 14:04:52

Any mn'rs near you?

AnnieAreYouOkAreYouOkAnnie Tue 15-Jul-08 14:05:37

no longer contagious once the spots have scabbed over

AnnieAreYouOkAreYouOkAnnie Tue 15-Jul-08 14:05:58

maybe a week or so

Fimbo Tue 15-Jul-08 14:06:10

He's a twunt. What does he think is going to happen to the bin? Even if it was stolen, set on fire whatever the council will give him a new one. Did I call him a twunt? Can I say it again - twunt.

WigWamBam Tue 15-Jul-08 14:06:28

Once they have all dried up he's not contagious anymore - usually about five days after the last spots appear.

lilyloo Tue 15-Jul-08 14:06:45

about a week to ten days when all spots have scabbed over
tell him to take rubbish to tip

AnnieAreYouOkAreYouOkAnnie Tue 15-Jul-08 14:07:11

tell him bring his bin with him

AnnieAreYouOkAreYouOkAnnie Tue 15-Jul-08 14:07:26

or dump it off at the skip on the way

stealthsquiggle Tue 15-Jul-08 14:08:25

What is going to happen to his bin in a bad neighbourhood? Is it going to fall in with the wrong kind of bins and get an ASBO hmm?

I would say go ahead and kill him but that would leave you in an even worse position, presumably?

KerryMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:08:45

no fimbo I'm in Ireland and in Kerry (no one near dublin or anything)

KerryMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:09:34

I'm leaving for Liverpool next Tuesday sad so I won't be able to get out at all.

feck feck feck feck

CarGirl Tue 15-Jul-08 14:14:10

it's about a week from the first spots appearing. BTW you can only catch chicken pox from chicken pox NOT shingles from chicken pox, in fact you can't catch shingles at all.

KerryMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:15:15

oh feck.

ds1 is balling his eyes out because he wants to go to training tomorrow. sad

Can I ask someone else to take him in and keep an eye on him?

KerryMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:15:49

I thought cp caused shingles?

How do you get shingles then?

TigerFeet Tue 15-Jul-08 14:17:26

Poor ds1

If you can't get someone to take ds2, could anyone else from teh chess team take ds1

dh is a twunt

lilyloo Tue 15-Jul-08 14:17:34

What about one of the mums of the boys on his team i am sure if you dropped him off then they would watch him if you explained.

TheMadHouse Tue 15-Jul-08 14:18:01

OK - You can not catch shingles from Chicken Pox. You can catch Chicken pox from chicken pox, so dont worry about that.

My mum is on steriods so we had a hugh chat to the consultant and also DS1 is immunosuppressed, so I needed to know.

People may not mine looking after DS2, espeically if their children have had it. It doesnt hurt to ask.

LilRedWhiskGers Tue 15-Jul-08 14:20:16

Poor DS2! How is he feeling?

lilyloo Tue 15-Jul-08 14:21:05

shingles is a virus that lays dormant in those who have had chicken pox.
You can only catch chicken pox from chicken pox or chicken pox from shingles.

Has ds 1 had chicken pox as if not he is v likely to get it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now