Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pain in side, pain in shoulder, spotting ...is this what i think it is

(17 Posts)
tisntme Tue 15-Jul-08 13:33:27

sorry, i'm a regular but have changed my name cos i think i'm in denial or something blush
I have a stitch-like pain in my left - well, pelvis sort of inside the hip, and a stabbing pain in my right shoulder. feeling sickly in waves but it didn't stop me going to work yesterday. any suggestions?

have had an ectopic pg 12 years ago, though i can't remember it properly because the world turned into fog. this is starting to look horribly similar - is it?
anyone?

lulumama Tue 15-Jul-08 13:36:16

i would get yourself referred to the EPAU , speak to your GP or NHS direct now. obviously if there is a chacne you are pregnant and you are having these symptoms then, yes, it could be an EP

tisntme Tue 15-Jul-08 13:41:16

have been reasonably careful hmm but i suppose it is not completely out of the question. Am really hoping that there's something else it could be

tisntme Tue 15-Jul-08 13:46:26

dinny Tue 15-Jul-08 13:47:56

yes, agree with Lulumama, need to get it checked out, the signs are concerning

give GP a ring?

tisntme Tue 15-Jul-08 14:20:47

am still putting it off hmm because i don't want to look a prat, actually don't think i could be pg... feeling like a naughty kid atm.

SoupKitchen Tue 15-Jul-08 14:32:35

Shoulder tip pain is a definate sign of EP. I tested neg to PG tests until I develped symtoms.
Please If there is a chance you could be PG , see a HCP

3littlefrogs Tue 15-Jul-08 14:36:16

Please talk to GP or go to A&E now. It is dangerous to delay. So sorry this is happening - I hope it turns out to be a false alarm, but you really must get checked out NOW.

lulumama Tue 15-Jul-08 14:38:37

please don;t put it off, if it is an EP, and you are already having shoulder pain, then you must go.. if it is something else, then you won;t have been silly, it is a potentially fatal thing if your tube ruptures, if it is an EP

reasonably careful means there is a chance of pregnancy

belgo Tue 15-Jul-08 14:39:17

Get to A&E. The fact that you've had one ectopic increases the chances of another for some women.

If it's nothing serious, the worse that will happen is you'll feel like a prat - but that's not as bad as an untreated ectopic is it?

tisntme Tue 15-Jul-08 17:41:05

still feeling sheepish, but thanks for sensible talking. well get something sorted.

tisntme Wed 16-Jul-08 00:18:55

what shall i do... <sorry, still putting it off>

LobstersLass Wed 16-Jul-08 00:39:38

Phone NHS direct now. Take their advice.
They will more than likely tell you to go to A&E immediately.

Shoulder tip pain is an indicator of internal bleeding. This must be treated. It can kill. You do realise that don't you?

Please get medical advice tonight.

NHS Direct - 0845 4647

JacobsPrincess Wed 16-Jul-08 00:42:23

Come on tisntme. Do the sensible thing and get this checked out NOW

LobstersLass Wed 16-Jul-08 00:49:03

Right...I've just entered your symptoms into the NHS Direct website.

1) Abdominal (stomach) pain in female adults

2) Severe pain in shoulder

The website says...
Seek emergency help immediately - ring 999 and ask for an ambulance

tisntme Wed 16-Jul-08 00:56:10

yow! ok. thank you LL and co i am certainly convinced now. Better risk looking an idiot as this sounds, err, as I thought it might be. Actually the nhs direct version is scary.
Sorry for posting the thread - didn't really want to 'involve' anyone else, but i suppose i wanted to try and figure out if i could ignore it or not.

LobstersLass Wed 16-Jul-08 01:01:07

Thanks for responding. I'm worried about you.
Will you update and let us know how you that you've taken some action?

I'm off to bed now.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now