Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

woke up and [yuck] please help

(12 Posts)
whoopsididitagain Tue 15-Jul-08 10:10:36

i appear to bleeding quite heavliy with a dull ache in my lower abdonmen

i had my period 10 days ago as normal started taki9ng my 21 day pill again as normal havent had any problems so far

any ideas please

whoopsididitagain Tue 15-Jul-08 10:29:45

please help me ive got no phone access so cant ring nhs lol

cheesesarnie Tue 15-Jul-08 10:31:05

do they have nhs online?ive got no idea but hopefully someone will!

DettaJnr Tue 15-Jul-08 10:33:22

I'm sorry I can't help but maybe you should go to your GP/local practice (as you can't call). It doesn't sound normal.

whoopsididitagain Tue 15-Jul-08 10:34:28

thats what i thought will do ty just needed some reassuarance i wasnt being over the to p

cheesesarnie Tue 15-Jul-08 10:37:47

how long have you been on the pill for?

piggypoohsmum Tue 15-Jul-08 10:42:02

is there any chance that you could have been pregnant (i know you had your period but i had 1 for 1st 3 months of pregnancy!)

You dont say your age?
sorry for not being a live link but you can try nhs direct online
www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk
Hope this helps

cheesesarnie Tue 15-Jul-08 11:43:30

ok whoopsididitagain?

Sugarmagnolia Tue 15-Jul-08 13:10:51

what pill are you on and how long have you been on it? Some pills can cause heavy and/or irregular bleeding. One pill I took (can't remember the name at the moment) caused full-on periods every other week.

whoopsididitagain Wed 16-Jul-08 14:34:51

ty for yr help i decided to sit tight popped into chemist who told me to go to local womens sexual health clinic but it had a 4hr waiting time so did a bit of shopping then came home as the day went on bleeding got heavier and after several calls to nhs direct i was advised to go to casualty in case of mc or eptopic pregnancy so i eneded up with a canula in two lots of bloods a wee sample to check i wasnt pg which i wasnt then a gyny came and checked me out who confirmed no infection but apprently with the 21 day pill

THE WOMD LINING BUILDS AND BUILDS AND AFTER AROUND FOUR MONTHS THE WHOLE THING RENEWS ITSELF THUS CAUSING HEAVY BLEEDING

i did not know this so be warned ladies cause i eneded up in a right state will be calmetr next time

ty to all who answered my pleas

DettaJnr Wed 16-Jul-08 18:37:01

Glad to hear you're ok WIDIA. You think you'd be warned before your prescribed it so that you could be prepared!

cheesesarnie Thu 17-Jul-08 21:26:35

so glad your ok.after taking the pill for umm not long i got bleeding for a week,2 days of then 1 week etc etc.stopped now,after scans etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now