Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

jusy used a frag-free Johnson baby wipe to clean lo face

(20 Posts)
bumbly Mon 14-Jul-08 21:48:46

and now covered in red rash!!!

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what should i do?

ExterminAitch Mon 14-Jul-08 21:49:41

wash face with water and wait for it to go away... and don't use johnson's stuff again.

Sidge Mon 14-Jul-08 21:49:42

Wash the face with plain water. It'll settle down soon.

IdrisTheDragon Mon 14-Jul-08 21:50:39

Don't use baby wipes at all - when you think about the way they can remove many things from many surfaces it isn't surprising they aren't very nice on faces.

Washersaurus Mon 14-Jul-08 21:53:32

I wouldn't use them on MY face, so definitely wouldn't use them on my DC's. Flannels with water for faces, hands and bottoms around here.

Baby wipes are for cleaning stains off furniture, carpets etc. grin

I think if you wash the skin with water and leave it a while the rash will calm down.

Dragonbutter Mon 14-Jul-08 21:55:27

i used one on my face once.
it stung.

try it.

the naturebaby ones are fine IME.

bumbly Mon 14-Jul-08 21:55:55

thank you - so worried!

bumbly Mon 14-Jul-08 21:56:32

worried have done some damage now to lo face

Sidge Mon 14-Jul-08 21:59:45

It won't cause any lasting damage, just irritation.

I have a pile of flannels for wiping faces!

MegBusset Mon 14-Jul-08 22:01:50

DS had this reaction to Johnsons wipes too (on bum)... they seem to be very harsh (he is fine with other wipes). Don't worry, it'll go down and he won't be damaged.

edam Mon 14-Jul-08 22:01:50

I thought the header said 'fag free' and was thinking 'surely, that's the least you could do, choose one that hasn't been used for wiping an ashtray?' shock grin

Washersaurus Mon 14-Jul-08 22:02:11

Your lo sounds like they have very sensitive skin; I have had skin flare ups after using products in the past and they do calm down quite quickly - don't panic!

Look out for natural products like these wipes

ANTagony Mon 14-Jul-08 22:03:58

I'm alergic to the johnsons ones - but not huggies or pampers.

Actually use huggies to remove makeup each night before bed.

Agree with the cool flannels to remove any residue on face. If you have any anti-histimine in it might be worth taking some as well.

NumberJill Mon 14-Jul-08 22:05:41

Johnsons are well known for being hideous on the skin. I don't know what they put in them, but even the sensitive ones are awful.

S1ur Mon 14-Jul-08 22:09:05

Just bathe in cool water and wait. could use a plain emmoilient if you want (moisturiser)

I think its johnson, mine once had a rash to them too. doesn't frag free mean also can include perfume stuff if it ^neutralises' other smells. Damn where did I get that from....hate making unsubstantiated science claims. Assume this is untrue until I can prove it grin

bumbly Mon 14-Jul-08 22:14:50

put little one to sleep after dabbing face with cotton bud in water

maybe should have put e45 or something but just thought better leave it to settle

was horrible

raw red

feel awful

S1ur Mon 14-Jul-08 22:18:59

Don't feel bad, you used a baby product on a baby's skin. It isn't like you put bleach on their face!

It will be fine, rash will settle soon and leave no lasting damage.

He or she will be absolutely fine. smile

<btw a quick google can't find evidence for previous statement so continue ignoring random possibly made up fact>>

Washersaurus Mon 14-Jul-08 22:21:43

Take a photo and send it to Johnsons....wink

S1ur Mon 14-Jul-08 22:25:29

Ha! okay I was wrong, partially.

"“Unscented” & “Fragrance free”

THESE two terms sound alike but they are not. “Unscented” means that nothing has been added to a product to “enhance” its smell. However, something could have been added to mask another smell e.g: the fatty odor of soap, or other unpleasant odors in “unscented” antiperspirants and vaginal lubricants)

“Fragrance free” usually means that no perfumes, oils or scents have been added toa product. However, even this definition is not foolproof. A small amount could still have been added to mask unpleasant base odors or chemical smells."

Sorry for including that just didn't want to let random claims hang unproven.

LO will be completely okay don't beat yourself up, you weren't to know. smile

NorthernLurker Mon 14-Jul-08 22:26:30

Don't feel bad! Your baby will be fine and now you know never to buy Johnsons wipes again. They are rubbish! It may make you feel better to know that I use pampers sensitive wipes on my daughters face with no ill effects if we are out and about..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now