Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental Advice needed

(4 Posts)
HereComeTheGirls Mon 14-Jul-08 19:53:47

I feel a bit silly asking this, as I work for a dentist, but I don't want to tell them at work as I'd much rather go to my own dentist on Thursday!

Basically I am having pain in my top wisdom tooth when I bite on anything hard, it's really sore at the time and for a while afterwards. There isn't any pain any other time and it isn't sensitive to hot/cold or anything else.

Does this sound like I have cracked my tooth? I am hoping not as I don't really want to get a crown and I know the cost of them all too well!!!

ilovebeinglazy Mon 14-Jul-08 20:00:45

you could have an abscess - not a dentist just a sufferer btw

HereComeTheGirls Mon 14-Jul-08 20:02:33

Yes thats possible too, although I thought that would be much sorer and not only when I bit anything hard...suppose it could get worse though sad

HereComeTheGirls Tue 15-Jul-08 07:55:35

Just to bump this on the off-chance a dentist comes along, I will add that the tooth is otherwise not tender to palpation, except for biting on hard things!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now