Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette HELP!

(11 Posts)
kerrysparkes Mon 14-Jul-08 15:50:55

Just been reading through the messages on Cerazette, Ive been on this for about 5 months now with no period at all.

I thought this was great, no periods at all !

Until just over 2 weeks ago when i had the horrible period feeling for days and i thought my luck was up! A few days after the pain i started "Spotting" and i just assumed a day or two and it would diasppear. But it hasnt.

I have been spotting for two weeks now but it seems to be that it comes in the morning qui9te heavy, then nothin all day until the next morning... which is frustating as it makes me anxious all day about towels ot tampon wearing etc, not to mention the effect on my sex life envy lol.

Also I have had spots all over my neck and back which I never had before i think this is to do with the pill too.

Has anyone been in this sitution as its getting mne down now!! I wish I had had the 2 days light bleeding once a month like before then id have known where i was!!

(I was changed from the combined pill marvellon due to migraine and the increased risk of stroke which i hadnt known about before)!!!

whispywhisp Mon 14-Jul-08 16:18:20

I've been on Cerazette for just over 3yrs.

I rarely get a problem with it these days but initially I was all over the place with my periods. Some months I didn't bleed at all, others I would spot for about 3 weeks, sometimes longer. When I spot with it I tend to bleed more first thing in the morning and by the end of the day it has stopped. Same again following day etc etc. Yes its a pain in the neck but it does settle eventually.

kerrysparkes Wed 16-Jul-08 11:32:15

Its making me stressed out, and still spotting!! Does any1 know any ways 2 make it stop! angry

emma1977 Wed 16-Jul-08 18:51:20

See your GP and ask if you can have either tranexemic acid or norethisterone to make it stop (at hopefully encourage it to stay stopped).

scotsgirl Thu 17-Jul-08 16:17:12

Also, if you can get used it, a mooncup is great, because you can leave it in all day to catch the spotting without any worries, rather than faff about with pads or tampons.

I too am plagued with spots - I have suffered from acne for the last 25 years anyway, but the Cerazette has definitely been making it worse. Sigh.

bratnav Thu 17-Jul-08 16:24:09

I started on cerazette around the same time you did. No problems yet, but my nurse did emphasise that bleeding can be irregular and spotting is likely, so far not a dicky bird, but still seem to get the PMT and cramps???

Sorry I can't help

bigspender30 Thu 17-Jul-08 16:57:08

I have been taking cerazette for about 3 months. I have had 2 periods in the past fortnight! How long do you think it will take to settle down ?

scotsgirl Thu 17-Jul-08 19:56:31

I am on my 4th month and this month was the first time I didn't have a period.
First month - normal period
second month- light/short period
third month -normal length period but lighter than normal bleeding
fourth month - no period.

I think it can take a bit more than three months for things to settle down, even though my GP said three months.

bratnav Thu 17-Jul-08 20:22:12

I have had NO bleeding at all since I started taking them, is that ok do you think?

kerrysparkes Fri 18-Jul-08 09:46:14

The GP said that i might not have any at all, which is what you are having, what he didnt say to me was about the irregular blleding and as of today STILL spotting angry i am working away all of next week and going on holiday in 3 weeks so i am not at all happy!! It must be nearing the end now surely!!!

I wish now i had a period every month at least id know where i am!!!

I have had a few cramps, i dont really think i suffer with pmt so i cant really comment on that

kerrysparkes Sun 03-Aug-08 16:53:03

holiday next week its still there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now