Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD (age2.5) just given herself black eye feel like worlds worse mother :(.

(5 Posts)
Ihavelayers Mon 14-Jul-08 14:56:07

She stood on her potty to wave to her Dad and before I could get to her she slipped and banged her cheek on the radiator.
It started swelling and went purpley grey straight away I put some ice in a flannel and it has taken some swelling down .
But it looks awful and I want to take her to dr's but Dp is telling me she is fine the gp would not do anything for a bruise anyway .
She is fine in herself she has had a drink and a biscuit and is dancing around now and laughing.
Just feel like a terrible mother .

thebecster Mon 14-Jul-08 15:06:22

DS is two and has blacked his eye twice - once by headbutting a chair for no discernable reason, and once by falling off a roundabout. He currently has a scab which covers 2/3 of his nose from falling flat on his face while running (at nursery, so that assuaged my guilt, oddly!)
Half the time he looks like one of those NSPCC ads. He's just an active little blighter. Don't worry, it will probably fade faster than you think. I put arnica cream on DSs bruises, seems to help them go away faster.

Don't feel bad, it was an accident, little ones have accidents all the time.

Ihavelayers Mon 14-Jul-08 15:08:37

I know what you mean becster if it had happened at nursery I would have felt less guilty.
Thanks for answering and I will try the arnica

wheelybug Mon 14-Jul-08 15:11:11

DD got her first black eye aged 10 months, 2 days before her christening !

Ihavelayers Mon 14-Jul-08 15:14:53

shock wheelybug I bet the photos were great LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now