Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

been feedling odd for a few days

(21 Posts)
FeelingOdd Fri 04-Feb-05 13:00:58

and I don't know why. If I didn't know any better then I would swear I was pregnant. I feel sick all the time and really really drained and tired. I keep getting odd twitches/flutterings in my tummy (no I haven't got wind!) And I have just realised how much of a certain food I have eaten after a few days I know this sounds daft but is there such a thing as a phantom pregnancy in humans????

boudicca Fri 04-Feb-05 13:04:16

look ! here

FeelingOdd Fri 04-Feb-05 13:41:49

oh no! I can't be pregnant anyway as I am on the hormone injection.

biglips Fri 04-Feb-05 13:44:22

that wud scare me that, its strange what our bodies can get up to....

Fastasleep Fri 04-Feb-05 13:52:41

Phantom pregnancy is a condition that women usually get when they want to be pregnant an awful lot for whatever reason.. it can and does happen! I don't know anything about the hormone injections (do they stop your periods?) it could be something to do with that maybe..

FeelingOdd Fri 04-Feb-05 13:56:02

I have been really broody for the past few months......

yes my periods stopped as soon as I started on the injection apart from a bit of bleeding about 8-10 weeks ago.

Fastasleep Fri 04-Feb-05 14:01:24

Having no periods and being broody would make me 'feel' pregnant! It would be like me when trying to concieve, every little odd pinch or a few days of lateness, slightly sore boobs around when my period's due, that's enough to convince me half the time! Maybe if it carries on you should mention it to your doctor? It takes very little to confuse our bodies, especially when we want something! ...Well, my body anyhow lol

MummytoSteven Fri 04-Feb-05 14:23:29

you are pretty unlikely to get PG on the hormone injection (Depo I assume) but it is not 100% impossible. IIRC the effectiveness rate is something in the region of 99.7%. so probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do a test mainly for your own peace of mind if you are having pg symptoms. and it is highly possible for humans to have phantom pgs.

FeelingOdd Fri 04-Feb-05 14:28:06

so what am i supposed to do? i dont want to test, bacause if its negative (which i know it will be) i will be upset.

beansontoast Fri 04-Feb-05 14:31:09

i had a bug in november that was just like that early stage of sickness and fatigue.was petrified!

FeelingOdd Sat 05-Feb-05 09:44:01

I feel really odd today. My boobs ache and my stomach feels like my periods going to start any minute (which it wont as i havent had one for months).

Lonelymum Sat 05-Feb-05 09:48:05

Oh dear Feelingodd, sounds a bit suspicious..... Though I have to say, I often get fluttery feelings in my tunny that are just like baby movements and I am not pregnant. Wind I suppose. Are you going to take a test?

Lonelymum Sat 05-Feb-05 09:48:51

Tunny!?! Sorry typing without my contact lenses in. I meant tummy of course.

FeelingOdd Sat 05-Feb-05 09:52:52

i dont know. I cant be pregnant though can i?

Lonelymum Sat 05-Feb-05 09:55:03

Is the hormone injection totally 100% reliable? How long have you been on it? Maybe you were pregnant before you started?

Laylasmum Sat 05-Feb-05 09:56:13

were you on time for your last injection? if so then the chances of you being pg are negligable. some women get pmt symtoms even when they're on the depo but don't get the bleeding this could explain it.

foxinsocks Sat 05-Feb-05 10:02:10

take a test and put your mind at rest.

On the news now, there was a story about a woman with a 7 month old on some form of contraception (I assume the mini pill) who has just found out she has conceived identical quadruplets. I kid you not!

FeelingOdd Sat 05-Feb-05 10:11:33

*feels faint* blimey!

I have been on the injection for a year now so I shouldn't have been pregnant before! lol

I was a couple of days late getting it but the nurse said it would be fine.

oops Sat 05-Feb-05 10:44:14

Message withdrawn

FeelingOdd Sat 05-Feb-05 10:48:37

oh no!!! now i do feel faint! lol

oops Sat 05-Feb-05 11:05:10

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now