Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I send her to school or not?

(7 Posts)
Ledodgy Sun 13-Jul-08 22:13:13

DD complained about feeling sick in school on Friday at lunch time and was told to get in the line. Then at home time she vomited and was sent home wearing spare clothes with hers in a bag, yesterday she was fine until about 3pm when she felt sick. She also has a rash covering her torso, back and her private parts as well as the odd spot on hr limbs, arms and face. Chicken pox is going round hr class but her rash isn't typical. She's been fine today apart from the itchy rash. Do I keep her off tommorrow, she has PE so rash wil be seen even though she seems well?

piratecat Sun 13-Jul-08 22:14:38

I would keep her off till tuesday. vommiting bugs are going round, and at uor school they like it to be 48 hrs.

She can't be 100% yet imo.

Ledodgy Sun 13-Jul-08 22:15:21

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks.smile

bellavita Sun 13-Jul-08 22:16:28

I would keep her off too.

Ledodgy Sun 13-Jul-08 22:17:22

I'm so glad you've said so that's what I thought but then thought because she seems fine I should send her but as she still has the rash....

Bertolli Sun 13-Jul-08 22:18:26

i'd keep her off if i were you.
A quiet pyjama day can do the world of good too smile

Ledodgy Sun 13-Jul-08 22:25:22

I will keep her off but know I will regret it tommorrow when her and ds1 are fighting. Dp is away with work tommorrow night too so it's going to be a looong day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now