Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS1 was in a lot of pain today.....can't stop thinking about it

(9 Posts)
fartmeistergeneral Sun 13-Jul-08 20:44:00

Took them swimming, all fine apart from one incident (the manager of the pool took ds1 aside and asked if he had been hurt as he was all red (looked like bruising tbh) over his body. Actually it was from the inflatable thing, but they obviously thought he'd been abused shock)

ANYWAY, after that ds1 was all embarrassed and self conscious of redness, and wanted to leave so after 5 mins while his brother went back on inflatable, we went to changing room. We were having a joke and a laugh and ds1 went into changing cubicle and 30 seconds later I saw his hand on floor under door, and he was SOBBING. He's 9 btw. Anyway, managed to get him to unlock door and he was clutching his back where his kidneys are and he had totally peed on the floor and he was in terrible pain. It lasted for a good 5 minutes while I was talking to him and trying to get him dressed, he was clutching his back and crying the whole time. I was thinking I'd have to take him to A&E, but it passed.

He said he needed the toilet - but just a bit. Now, do you think he had been holding it in for ages and that's what the pain was, and why he immediately wet the floor. I mean, that's what it seemed like to me, but you know what it's like when you dwell on something a while after it's happened. Also, feeling a bit freaked as he's at his gran's til Wednesday.

Hulababy Sun 13-Jul-08 20:47:03

Keep an eye on him cpuld be a water infection, especially if kidneys hurting. Also look out for any redness in his urine, blood can be sign of infection too.

fartmeistergeneral Sun 13-Jul-08 20:48:19

Do you mean a UTI? Or is that just in women? blush at ignorance....

No, male or female, it could be a UTI which is heading into his kidneys. Look out for fever, more pain and blood or cloudiness of urine.

It is one of the most awful pains imaginable when your kidneys hurt, get him checked by doc if in doubt

fartmeistergeneral Sun 13-Jul-08 20:54:11

Bloody hell! Am panicking now. DH away, am working Mon, Tue, Wed and ds1 & 2 are at their grans (an hour and a half away) til Wednesday!!!!!

RambleOn Sun 13-Jul-08 20:54:38

Get him to do a wee sample and take to the GPs to test for urinary infection.

soph28 Sun 13-Jul-08 20:56:11

Sounds exactly like a UTI to me. I would take him to GP first thing for something to clear it and in the meantime make sure he drinks loads- water or cranberry juice is best- avoid acidic fruit juices and caffeine.

sandyballs Sun 13-Jul-08 20:58:35

Can your mum take him to her GP?

fartmeistergeneral Sun 13-Jul-08 21:04:45

Just phoned MIL. She says he's peed, but no pain?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now