Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What could these spots be?

(3 Posts)
MummyDoIt Sun 13-Jul-08 09:16:46

DS1 (age 5) has a rash of small, pin-prick red spots on his tummy. They don't itch and he seems well in every other way. No temperature, no runny nose, no headache. Perfectly fine. He's had all his innoculations so what could it be? I've ruled out heat rash and sweat rash as it certainly hasn't been hot enough for either!

belgo Sun 13-Jul-08 09:20:31

has he been ill recently? Could be a post viral rash. Or was he wearing slightly too tight trousers yesterday? Or a new material in his clothes, could it be an allergy?

I wouldn't worry too much unless he starts developing other symptoms. Kids often get mysterious rashes. I've also had the odd rash that appeared out of no where and then disappeared.

MummyDoIt Sun 13-Jul-08 09:34:42

No new clothes or washing powders or anything like that so I'd rule out an allergy. He has had an infection in his nose which needed sprays and creams to clear up so perhaps it's connected to that. Definitely no other symptoms now so I'll just keep an eye on it, I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now