Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

just started having what i think are migraines.......

(8 Posts)
sannie Sat 12-Jul-08 21:25:27

for the past two weeks or so i have been getting very intense head throbs, i can't move, i feel sick and today i couldn't talk. I take some painkillers and lie down in the dark and then when i wake up it's better....

i've never suffered from headaches before....

i have just started my period..first one since ds2 was born 6 months ago and last week i started taking the pill you think it could be linked?

woodstock3 Sat 12-Jul-08 21:42:22

if you're getting migraine for the first time after taking the pill you need to see your doctor. dont want to panic you but please do make an appt. is it a new brand of pill or were you on it before?

Limara Sat 12-Jul-08 21:51:48

I suffer from Migraines and I never suffered from not being able to talk or was it, If you did talk, it made you feel sick?

Low/High blood pressure re throbbing head?

I dunno but I would ring NHS Direct if I were you.

Good lucksmile

HonoriaGlossop Sat 12-Jul-08 22:27:09

agree with woodstock that you should tell the GP about the headaches and let him/her decide if it's linked.

With me migranies are certainly linked to hormones...and it sounds like hormones are flying around your system at the mo, what with starting periods again and the pill. Hopefully once your system ssttles the headaches will stop. They're so horrible, aren't they...

edam Sat 12-Jul-08 22:34:05

Definitely see your GP. It is very probably nothing to worry about at all, but if you haven't been prone to headaches before and are suffering to the extent that you can't talk, it needs to be checked out.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 12-Jul-08 22:38:40

My last migraine was three years ago. A colleague terrified into going to the doctor, my BP was through the roof. Go to the doctor as soon as you can.

If it is high BP, it can be very dangerous.

Prolonged high BP leads to strokes, my GP specialises in Hypertension and he looked at me and said, it is not called the silent killer for nothing.

I am sure it will be fine, and the emphasis is on prolonged.....but please go to the GP.

sannie Sun 13-Jul-08 10:01:48

ok will go to the dr :-)
my bp is normally 70/100 but will go and get it checked

Puppie Sun 13-Jul-08 10:04:42

HI there! I couldnt talk when I got them! THey can affect you in many diff ways. I get blind spots, cant talk (feels as if my tongue has become thick) and sometimes throw up. If I had to guess I would say is defo your hormones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now