Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

constipated baby poo

(6 Posts)
mieowcat Sat 12-Jul-08 19:18:50

for the last couple of weeks dd1 has been quite constipated. she really cries when doing a poo or passing wind, and the poos have been very hard lumps, and on 2 occassions there has been a little blood in the nappy. we have been able to give her a little water as well as her formula milks.should i be worried? or anyone experienced this before? she is 5 1/2 months old.
x

katpotat Sat 12-Jul-08 19:26:13

Try giving her some cooled boiled water on its own. We also gave small amount of mashed up prune. If it carries on take her to GP. We are going through this again for the third time DD now 14 months though. I hope things get better x

mieowcat Sat 12-Jul-08 19:30:25

i have given the water on its own, did you go to the gp last Time? if so what did they do? thanks. x

domesticslattern Sat 12-Jul-08 20:01:44

Poor thing. I was told by the HV to give a table spoon of orange juice.

katpotat Sat 12-Jul-08 20:10:41

Yes, when she was 9 months she was given lactolose to soften any poo that was there, this helped at the time. x

emma1977 Sat 12-Jul-08 21:15:47

She probably has a anal fissure caused by straining at the hard poo- poor thing.

I suggest that you take her to see either her HV or GP as she may benefit from prescribed laxatives for a while to allow it to heal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now