Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental cosmetic surgery...advice needed

(9 Posts)
hatemyteeth Sat 12-Jul-08 18:29:26

I hate hate hate my teeth and its making me so miserable I dread any occasions where photos may be taken!! They are horrid, I'm 30 I don't smoke (never have) yet I have horrid yellow teeth, to make things worse I have three crowns on my top front teeth, the remaining one which is a very front one is now getting discoloured. One crown came off last year and I had to get it fixed. Today is the final straw where I have seen a lovely photo of my and my best friend but I'm smiling and my teeth look awful, whats worse is she has posted it on facebook and my friends are commenting on it so it keeps popping back up on the page!! I have decided to apply for a loan to get them sorted, any idea how much it is going to cost? or anyone been through something similar? or recommend where to go? Thanks all in anticipation

loopylou6 Sat 12-Jul-08 18:38:42

yes ive been through similar but was lucky to have most of my work on the nhs. Like you i had discoloured frontal caps so he changed my caps put really white ones and and had the rest of my teeth bleached to match the caps IYSWIM. i think your best bet would be making an appointment with a dentist and getting a there about price on the caps, but be careful where u go for the bleaching, my dentist charged me £550 but now theres lots of places doing it for £200 ish which is obviousley alot better, good luck with it.

hatemyteeth Sat 12-Jul-08 18:46:44

my dentist won't do it on nhs as they class it as cosmetic, however the one that fell off was damaged but they did not replace it just glued it back on!!

LIZS Sat 12-Jul-08 18:50:04

there is an article in the Times today - apparently veneers can be £750 each shock

loopylou6 Sat 12-Jul-08 18:50:24

shock what tight arses. Maybe u should lookup your local cosmetic dentist then and make an appointment for a chat

hatemyteeth Sat 12-Jul-08 19:04:39

£750 each sad

my positive feelings have just diminished to nothing...resigned to a smile free existence

loopylou6 Sat 12-Jul-08 19:12:14

yes but u dont need veneers, they are very expensive, u need 3 new caps and bleaching

brimfull Sat 12-Jul-08 19:17:48

my dh got 4 crowns on hi 4 front teeth-cost £3000.

worth every penny as he smiles more naturally now they look great

sandy4 Sat 12-Jul-08 19:25:52

The only person who can make an assessment & tell you how to improve your smile is a dentist! (My DP is one)

Oh & don't just go by price, but expect you know that already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now