Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd1's bruise looks like a rash

(11 Posts)
kreamkrackers Sat 12-Jul-08 15:47:17

I added this to another forum but nobodies got back to me yet! here hoping somebody here might be able to help me

here's what's in it (but there's pictures on the other post too)
Just wondering whether anyones child has ever had a bruise which has come up like a rash?! Amelia fell last night and it went red at the time but this morning she got up and it looks like lots of small purple bruises, rash like! I've never seen anything like this before. She's on 37.5mg of aspirin a day could that be anything to do with it? In every other way she's fine in herself, just thought I'd see if anyone else has seen this.

Oh and she fell on to the laminate after tripping over the door runner (or whatever you would call it) when she came in from the conservatory. I was putting her sister to bed at the time so I didn't actually see her fall but her dad said it was just a typical trip and fall! I'm just really stunned as to why it looks like this!

bubblagirl Sat 12-Jul-08 15:59:16

doesnt asprin thin the blood slightly so instead of it being a block bruise maybe where blood hasn'r fully clotted behind its made it rash looking

belgo Sat 12-Jul-08 16:01:29

Agree with bubblagirl, it could be something to do with the aspirin, I would mention it to her doctor.

BibiThree Sat 12-Jul-08 16:01:31

I agree it cold be the aspirin. Dh was taking a hal tablet 3 days before a long haul flight and every single bump he had came out in a huge purple bruise within hours. He doesn't usually bruise that easily.

Maybe ring NHS direct if you're concerned. Is she otherwise well?

kreamkrackers Sat 12-Jul-08 16:02:27

yeah aspirin does thin the blood but she's always been on aspirin and she's never had a bruise like this! It's really stunned me but that's all I keep thinking it must be the aspirin.

kreamkrackers Sat 12-Jul-08 16:03:13

she is perfectly fine in herself

bubblagirl Sat 12-Jul-08 16:06:24

to be quite honest ive had bruises like this where my skin has rubbed against something it pulls skin and will cause it to bruise like this

its where skin pinches and bruises also with aspirin can take few days for blood to clot properly under skin to form a normal looking bruise but it looks like its been rubbed and pulled as she has fell

i had one near identical on my leg

bubblagirl Sat 12-Jul-08 16:08:54

also when i have scratched loads it makes my skin look like this i have some sticky tape to hold dress in place and when trying to scrape it off it causes bruising likie this its raised blood vessels not helped if your on aspirin weither

if it has appeared and no real explanation then medical advise is needed as it could be more to it and we can only say what we think

bubblagirl Sat 12-Jul-08 16:09:12

either

kreamkrackers Sat 12-Jul-08 16:21:11

hopefully it's just a different type of bruising but perfectly harmless than, it's just I've never come across a bruise like this myself.

Swaliswan Sat 12-Jul-08 20:01:49

It sounds like petechial bruising to me. You could try googling petechial bruising or purpura and see what it comes up with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now